What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Ryles

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 22.0%

• Total voters
Brian Smith is an interesting concept, massive experience upgrade on the Choker and Gumpy. Plus he’s got the feel- good legacy factor.

Poor old Baz is a master at losing press conferences. The lion of the den.

There remains some discipline issues and lack of focus.

Plus the bunnies had some luck. Cheeks throws the best pass of his otherwise forgettable career. He can barely run onto the park let alone deliver an offload. He was going to retire 4 years ago on the basis of overall footy incompetence.

And this repeat sideways nonsense has to stop.

Baz is trying but the game plan is not being adhered to.

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought Matto played well.

The issue is with Matto is getting him on the park every week when he misses 4-5 games every year.

The concussion issues ain't going to go away.

With Matto's history & he gets a minor head knock he is out for 5-6 weeks again and we have a player on a lot of money that cant play a third of the season.
I also thought he was excellent last night particularly when in the middle but you make a very valid point. Injurys or whatever, he cant be trusted to be a regular strong contributor.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. Not sure thats a good idea either. Best if he does a Wayne and works behind the scenes. Recruitment, coffees with one on one chats etc etc. Official fresh start in October.

yeah, unfortunately, I think that's what will happen but we really could really do with a change now

I have noticed our halves playing a bit wider early in the tackle count, Mitch attacked in the centres last night then returns to the middle for kicking duties on the 5th

The problem is our defense should be a priority as its shit

Squire

Juniors
If, and by all rumours/ media spouting it appears the case, that it’s going to be coaching newbie, then I think I’d go with Ryles. Reason being he actually won the job at the Dragons (and knocked it back). More importantly though the Storm see him as Bellamy’s successor. The Dragons and the Storm have enough faith in him, that’s good enough for me.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Are we there yet ?
Of the supposed shortlist it’s Ryles or Young for me. Feel like they’ll bring a harder edge than Hannay and by god these f**kers need it.

Smith in a GM of football role would be ideal also

They’ve had ample time … make a decision and confirm it you numnuts

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Are we there yet ?
Of the supposed shortlist it’s Ryles or Young for me. Feel like they’ll bring a harder edge than Hannay and by god these f**kers need it.

Smith in a GM of football role would be ideal also

They’ve had ample time … make a decision and confirm it you numnuts

they may have already made a decision, just waiting for Origin

I'd like Smith as HOF but then I realised he's 70, although still not as old as Biden or Trump

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yeah Cronulla aint going to release Hannay, Storm won't release Ryles, Dragons wont release Young & Roosters won't release Holbrook.

In all seriousness why would you the new coach want the next 8 games on his record anyway.

Have we got the right coach if he is worried about his record in these 8 games this year, after securing a 3 year (I’m assuming) deal?

I’d be itching to get in there , and make changes, set some standards and make sure im going to get the pre season I want

Wouldnt be surprised if their current club lets them go with their blessing.

Didnt Roosters let Ryles go mid season when he was looking elsewhere?

Latest posts