What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

• Hollbrook

• Ryles

• Morris

• Cheika

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suitman

Post Whore
NRL 2024: Dragons, Raiders out of race for Wests Tigers star Stefano Utoikamanu, Storm and Eels remain in pursuit
The Raiders have joined the Dragons in withdrawing their interest in pursuing talented Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu, limiting his options to a potential move interstate or back to his old stomping ground at Parramatta.
David Riccio
Brent Read
and
Michael Carayannis

The urgency for Parramatta to appoint a new head coach has gained further momentum with talented Wests Tigers prop Stefano Utoikamanu prepared to wait for the decision before deciding his own future.
The Eels chances of entering the race for Utoikamanu have taken a significant uplift with the revelation that the Raiders have joined St George Illawarra in withdrawing interest in the gun prop.
It leaves the Storm as the only major bidder for his signature, with the Wests Tigers suddenly a chance to retain his services for at least another 12-months.
The Bulldogs and Dolphins are also watching the negotiation process closely and have failed to rule out entering the race.
However, the Eels appointment of their new coach – potentially by the end of this weekend – is of interest to Utoikamanu, who maintains a soft spot for the club that helped develop his game.
Josh Hannay, Jason Ryles, Dean Young and Trent Barrett remain in contention for the Eels job.

Born in Auckland before moving to Sydney’s west, Utoikamanu played with the Cabramatta Two Blues as a junior before featuring in the Eels under-20s team in 2018 and 2019.
He moved to the Wests Tigers in 2021 and has failed to rule out a homecoming to the Eels as he weighs up his future.

That whole article is complete speculation.
What a crock of shite it is.
Journalists getting desperate for print space because our club doesn't leak stories anymore.

Soto

Bench
I reckon they didn't want Hannay from being distracted from losing to the Titans..
My gut - If it wasn't Hannay would've been announced today...

Incorrect

Coach
You would hope if Hannay gets the gig he would try to get Hunt across.
Re Hunt... I'm a big No on that. We need to stop going all in with blokes who've played 5 good games in a 50+ game career.

The Shaun Lane deal we're stuck with right now should illustrate why you don't dive in feet first when a bloke produces 3 good games in a 6 week stretch for fear of missing out when the other 90-120 games in his career were rubbish....

"Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet" - African proverb

I think it’s high time @Twizzle and LU High Command started interfering with the eels coaching position like every other media outlet.

We are pussycats when it comes to educating the ignorant public.

Hiding under the covers we whisper:

“Do we have a coach yet?”

I think we cut a deal with Hornby and get him over the line. Then he can leak stuff to us over his tenure and we can get the respect we deserve.

At least put him up in the shambles of the poll.

Latest posts