What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Squire

Juniors
Maybe the announcement delay is because the club wants an immediate start so therefore a release from their current contract is required???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Big difference from 07/08 to 17/18/19 and 20.
Poor infrastructure, not a lot of work, lots of people leave for the eastern seaboard for work plus too much AFL.
People are lovely...just not a lot going for it plus a bit of a drugs problem...I suppose that also happens in a lot of places but always very topical when speaking to locals as not much to do there..
Each to their own I guess
It's awesome for young kids (and retirees) but I am concerned my kids would grow up and want to leave for somewhere busier.

It’s not the coach who does the negotiations. The player’s manager is the one who requests clauses like this, on behalf of the player. No doubt based on his dinner at Casa de Arthur’s.
I’m not saying you’re wrong but I can’t see Zacs manager offering to tie his player asset to Brad’s unstable fortunes.

Hed know Brad’s tenure at the Eels looked shaky ( however undeserved).

Besides, he didn’t pull out of negotiations when the club got wind of the impugned clause being an incursion of its human rights and moved to correct it.

When the paperwork turned up, the clubs lawyers were probably onto it like a @blue bags to the old Money Chimes.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m not saying you’re wrong but I can’t see Zacs manager offering to tie his player asset to Brad’s unstable fortunes.
It's not tying him to Arthur at all, it is giving him a potential out in case his form improved and he wanted to go back on the market. They don't need to give a f**k about Arthur to exploit a clause like that. I bet they're spewing they didn't insist on it now that Lomax is the game's best winger. They probably only asked for the clause because they already knew Arthur was on shaky ground.

It's not tying him to Arthur at all, it is giving him a potential out in case his form improved and he wanted to go back on the market. They don't need to give a f**k about Arthur to exploit a clause like that. I bet they're spewing they didn't insist on it now that Lomax is the game's best winger. They probably only asked for the clause because they already knew Arthur was on shaky ground.
Im afraid that doesn’t work.

Why would he or Brad try to put in a “get out” clause if Brad is not the coach….if they didn’t actually want to?

It means one of two things, not some potential never never get out clause banking on Arthur getting sacked and Zac somehow turning from half plod to extreme blue chip marquee.

Either he wanted to play with Brad or Brad took advantage of the situation.

I don’t think you need to trouble yourself with some kind of grand scheme to get out of a contract before he’s signed it!

He didn’t have to sign it once the Brad clause was expunged, but he did.

He wanted to play for the eels at the time he signed with or without Brad, that is why he will be an eel.

Youve jagged a kangaroo winger for gross unders, because your officials were doing their job, looking after the club.

You reamed Zac, Brad, Managers and poor old SGI and the whole league is green with envy.

I appreciate the eels officials are not flavour of the month, times are tough, but I think credit where it’s due.

He’s going to bring a lot of strike with him, you should be salivating!

Last edited:

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
There won't be an immediate start at training, etc. but the new coach will be working on staffing and recruitment/retention decisions.
Unless it’s someone unemployed no chance they start straight away … however yes would expect they get to work straight away in the background with recruitment and strategy etc

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agree.

100% it’s Ryles. He was offered officially Friday morning and signed final documents, negotiated (Friday/ Saturday) with the club deciding to announce tomorrow.

Source: My waters.
If your waters are wrong you should just put them on ignore.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You know what they can all follow Brad to Perth and take the losing/defeatist culture they have created here and spread it through the new franchise.

With the way we are playing Moses is the only player that is worth keeping that isn't a rookie.
I’m sure we are going to lose a heap of players to Baldy, remember the club though re-signing him would mean all the senior players who all loved Brad would sign ASAP. They all went to market and squeezed the club for every dollar.

I’m sure we are going to lose a heap of players to Baldy, remember the club though re-signing him would mean all the senior players who all loved Brad would sign ASAP. They all went to market and squeezed the club for every dollar.
They can all go. All the Rouse Hill Rhino shit can follow him to Sunny England and front load their efforts together.

Eelectrica

Referee
Can’t wait for the announcement of our new Coach - Corey Parker and assistant Blocker Roach.

Whoever would have thought Kevvie Walter’s would have been 20 minutes away from being a premiership winning coach against the Panthers.

Latest posts