What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m just disappointed LU had the chance of a world exclusives by the insiders and we screwed it up.

@Gary Gutful could have done the first interview last night.

You blokes like have let @Timmah down.

I don’t know why he puts up with us tbh.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
We needed change, hopefully Ryles will shake things up.

On 1 November I expect the entire squad to be at the same army camp that the Storm go to every year...these mentally piss weak merkins need an attitude adjustment from day 1.

The next week they should be introduced to the very best wrestling coach in the world.

Any one who fails either of these two weeks should be introduced to the 2025 Ron Massey Cup coach and told you're never coming back here. Pack your bags, f**k off.
We show up at the same army camp at the same time as the Storm. Weapons fully loaded. Have at it!

pazzaeel

Juniors
Mate, I have known it was going to be Ryles or Hannay as our next coach for 2 years (unless they could have jagged a Bennett or Robinson type).

Have always been happy with either one as an option.
Don't suppose you have any inside word on the future of MON? or any other new appointments relating to the new coach?

Stevie

Bench
I'm honestly over the moon. The more I looked into Hannay, the more I felt he could be a "one of the boys" coach. I think both the QLD flogging, the demise of Sharks and those f**king choppers turned me right off.

Lets cheers Ryles on and see what he can bring. He is astill a huge unit! I have no doubt he brings some SPEED players in and focuses solely on defence like Melbourne do.

Hugely exciting!

Gronk

Staff member
Never, EVER doubt Stevie's waters!!!!
You're the only one who legitimately called it mate.

video game winner GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Gazzamatta

Coach
We needed change, hopefully Ryles will shake things up.

On 1 November I expect the entire squad to be at the same army camp that the Storm go to every year...these mentally piss weak merkins need an attitude adjustment from day 1.

The next week they should be introduced to the very best wrestling coach in the world.

Any one who fails either of these two weeks should be introduced to the 2025 Ron Massey Cup coach and told you're never coming back here. Pack your bags, f**k off.
Paulo. "But my foots still sore!"
Lane. "I dont think this is a sound physiological program!"
Lussick. "Can I team up with Gutho"?
Sivo. "Can I just lift the weights?"
Russell. "Is there a rope involved?"
Carty. "Do I need to bring a bag?"

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Obviously our backline depth needs fixing!

But I reckon Ryles, won't be thinking about cutting any players yet (except maybe Sivo, which is already happening) until he has had the opportunity to "coach" them first.

Yeah some have been in poor form, but most of our top 17 or so players do have the ability.

I say he will back himself first to get them into form before making any big decisions.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I'm honestly over the moon. The more I looked into Hannay, the more I felt he could be a "one of the boys" coach. I think both the QLD flogging, the demise of Sharks and those f**king choppers turned me right off.

Lets cheers Ryles on and see what he can bring. He is astill a huge unit! I have no doubt he brings some SPEED players in and focuses solely on defence like Melbourne do.

Hugely exciting!
Ya know until @Avenger mentioned his Barry Beath I never even noticed. 🤣

Gronk

Staff member
Obviously our backline depth needs fixing!

But I reckon Ryles, won't be thinking about cutting any players yet (except maybe Sivo, which is already happening) until he has had the opportunity to "coach" them first.

Yeah some have been in poor form, but most of our top 17 or so players do have the ability.

I say he will back himself first to get them into form before making any big decisions.
That will upset some merkins. Last I saw they wanted every player sacked, bar Moses and Charlie.

Latest posts