What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels players on the market

The Colonel

Immortal
Eels players on the market
BRAD EARL
28jun06
ALL eyes will be on who Parramatta Eels 2007 coach Michael Hagan wants for five-eighth after John Morris signed with Wests Tigers this week.

Surprisingly few off-contract players have been linked with the Eels, despite them having money to spend when the player market opens on Saturday. Chief executive Denis Fitzgerald hinted yesterday that they could strike early.
"There's really nothing dramatic that's happened (in terms of signing developments)," Fitzgerald said.
"There might be something come July 1. We might be interested in a couple of people, but we're not saying anything about that at this stage."
On the key position of five-eighth, he said Hagan was looking at "a couple" of potential recruits, not including Jamie Lyon.
As the Advertiser revealed a fortnight ago, the club is not prepared to take part in a bidding war to re-sign Lyon from England after he decided to go on the open market.
"We've withdrawn the offer," Fitzgerald confirmed.
The Eels have 14 of this season's top-25 NRL salary cap players under contract beyond this year.
Two others, Brett Delaney and Aaron Cannings, have received offers to re-sign and the club wants an answer by Friday.
Several young stars from outside the top-25 list, such as Jarryd Hayne, John Williams, Joel Reddy and Josh Cordoba, are also tied up.
Dean Widders signed with South Sydney last week, while Wade McKinnon is also tipped to go, most likely to the Warriors.

http://www.parramattaadvertiser.com.au/common/story_page/0,7168,19605481%255E36457,00.html

mickdo

Coach
I hope the offer for Cannings was no more than half of what we have been paying him for doing squat...

Gronk

Staff member
They offered Cannings another contract ? I hope on reduced terms !

The Colonel

Immortal
Just checked with the Eels Office and Williams hasn't been signed as of yet.

I think Cordoba has though.

V1er

Juniors
Perhaps williams has agreed to terms but hasnt signed anything yet? hopefully its true.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I actually heard that John may of agreed to terms yesterday but the person in question may of mistaken it to Tony or David who have both signed recently, I did hear Blakes name mentioned as well, but I can honestly say that they may be unreliable info..

V1er

Juniors
If Delaney and Cannings dont sign by friday, would it be an idea for parra to use that money into increasing the offers for williams and green, or using the money to buy new players?

Gronk

Staff member
V1er said:
If Delaney and Cannings dont sign by friday, would it be an idea for parra to use that money into increasing the offers for williams and green, or using the money to buy new players?

I would expect thats the plan.

Stagger eel

Staff member
sooperdooper said:
well my info is williams is as good as gone, however that was a few weeks ago

I do know that he had a meeting with the club just last week, I don't know what progress was made, if any.

Hellsy

Immortal
Twizzle said:
so why would Fitzy say he's resigned

Did he? haven't seen that.
My info was he is as good as gone, but I guess anything can change with the right money/situation offered