What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the points won from the Souths game onwards, Hadley mentioned that the NRL will still deduct / back date points - back to Souths game if the 5 were still involved with the club once the legal case finishes.

This just got a whole lot messier.

#goodgovernance

parramaniac2516

Juniors
There's got to be more to the purpose of calling these two also. I'm a bit lost with this bit. What's so special about Sterlo and Crow? Particularly Crow, someone who has been out of the club for so long.

Why didn't he contact Pricey, Bert, Guru, Zip, Muggleton and Peter Wynn and anyone else that won Premierships 30 years ago?

Well sterlo is in the media and is probably the most respected ex eel out there. Generally if Sterlo said something most of the supporter base would believe and support him.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ive had a couple of chats with The Crow over the past year. My impression was that hes very up to date with whats happening in both the NRL and Parramatta.
Greenberg saw how Mortimer came into the Bulldogs hierarchy at a bad time for that club and was possibly looking to duplicate that at Parra.

yy_cheng

Coach
Dodgy invoices....

Seward has never said anything sensible in his life.

Hopefully there will be some ammunition in that. The obvious being that he has a massive axe to grind against the 5 and to an extent, the club.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/08/28/1030053061677.html

The merchandising manager of the Bulldogs, Scott Seward, claimed his signature was forged on a document to buy a minimum of $225,000 of allegedly counterfeit club jackets from overseas. Nike is a Bulldogs sponsor and its "swoosh" symbol is featured on the club's jerseys.

Mr Seward said the invoice was for $225,000 of apparel but he believed there could be more invoices. Asked what he had done with the invoice, he said: "I passed it on to my superior, David McIntyre [son Gary McIntyre]."

Bizarre habits
Parramatta are doing their best to right things in their front office but the jury is out on new chief executive, Scott Seward. His reign as merchandising manager at the Bulldogs was an interesting one to say the least. The most intriguing aspect of it was $90,000 worth of Bulldogs merchandise not properly accounted for.
The Nike gear was not in stock and it was not in sales. There was never a question of any criminal activity ? it was just stock that disappeared under his watch. Then there was his decision to employ his mother Robin. And his sister Kelly. And his two cousins. And even more bizarre was the way he would deal with the takings from game day merchandise sales. If there was a crowd of 40,000 ? the cash sales could be as high as $40,000. The conventional manner of handling that would be to take the cash and place it in the safe at Canterbury Leagues Club and count it on the first weekday after the game. But Seward had the habit of taking it home and putting it under his bed for safe keeping.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/earl-st...oming-clean-20130928-2ul38.html#ixzz47qVg8VsW
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Chipmunk

Coach
Ive had a couple of chats with The Crow over the past year. My impression was that hes very up to date with whats happening in both the NRL and Parramatta.
Greenberg saw how Mortimer came into the Bulldogs hierarchy at a bad time for that club and was possibly looking to duplicate that at Parra.

And do you think either will come anywhere near the place with Fitzgerald ready to pounce?

Greenberg essentially removed the last man willing to keep Fitzgerald out of the joint.

Djay

Juniors
As for the points won from the Souths game onwards, Hadley mentioned that the NRL will still deduct / back date points - back to Souths game if the 5 were still involved with the club once the legal case finishes.

This just got a whole lot messier.

#goodgovernance

So cause Hadley said it, it's gospel?

I guess that makes sense considering Greenberg found it fundamentally important to arrive to his 11.30 press conference on Tuesday late in order to make time to go on Hadleys program and inform him of the punishment before us Parramatta fans.

I'm a little confused as to why you sound like you want us to get punished and roll over, from the start you keep banging on about while everyone else has come around and been a bit more open minded.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Is there any indication to say where these invoices came from. I mean what's to say that these invoices weren't made by Seward during his tenure or after he got the punt.

Is there any indication to say where these invoices came from. I mean what's to say that these invoices weren't made by Seward during his tenure or after he got the punt.

Even if Seward did produce them, it doesn't really change the case against the club. It just changes which officer of the club did it.

It's not an offence to receive a false invoice. It may be an offence to authorise the payment of the invoice knowing it was false. And from a cap perspective, if may be an offence to do this for the purpose of secretly channelling club funds to a player.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There's got to be more to the purpose of calling these two also. I'm a bit lost with this bit. What's so special about Sterlo and Crow? Particularly Crow, someone who has been out of the club for so long.

Why didn't he contact Pricey, Bert, Guru, Zip, Muggleton and Peter Wynn and anyone else that won Premierships 30 years ago?

Crow is still very involved in footy in the country. Has been coaching Gerringong in group 7 (in the same comp BA started in) for quite awhile now and has been very successful winning a few comps. He also runs/owns the local pub. He would be a decent option as a director.

You just need to hear price/kenny speak to know you don't want them anywhere near the club. Guru is a legend but not director material. Wynn would be good option, successful business man.

ash411

Bench

I guess that makes sense considering Greenberg found it fundamentally important to arrive to his 11.30 press conference on Tuesday late in order to make time to go on Hadleys program and inform him of the punishment before us Parramatta fans.

I'm a little confused as to why you sound like you want us to get punished and roll over, from the start you keep banging on about while everyone else has come around and been a bit more open minded.

He doesn't. He wants the board to get punished.

The team and all that are collateral damage. He has this blind rage for them that just won't go away.

I'm not saying they're squeaky clean, cause they're not, far from it. But Jake needs them to get spanked, and unfortunately, spanking the board is tied to spanking the club, we get hit with the same paddle.

But that's a sacrifice he's willing to pay if it means the board are gone.

One more time just for Jake, listen buddy, I'm not defending them, I think they should go to.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Don't be confused mate, he wants us to fail. He'll throw the entire club under a bus if it makes the board look bad.

Djay

Juniors
He doesn't. He wants the board to get punished.

The team and all that are collateral damage. He has this blind rage for them that just won't go away.

I'm not saying they're squeaky clean, cause they're not, far from it. But Jake needs them to get spanked, and unfortunately, spanking the board is tied to spanking the club, we get hit with the same paddle.

But that's a sacrifice he's willing to pay if it means the board are gone.

One more time just for Jake, listen buddy, I'm not defending them, I think they should go to.

I'm not defending them, as I have said from the outset they have done wrong no doubt but to the extent the media, Greenberg etc are spinning I don't believe.

Well if he is happy to see Parramatta fall just so the board are ousted and hung out to dry, that's a big sacrifice for the team he supposedly "supports".

Even if Seward did produce them, it doesn't really change the case against the club. It just changes which officer of the club did it.

It's not an offence to receive a false invoice. It may be an offence to authorise the payment of the invoice knowing it was false. And from a cap perspective, if may be an offence to do this for the purpose of secretly channelling club funds to a player.

Not at all? If we turfed the guy for doing dodgy stuff, and this is down to him, are we still just as responsible?

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Not at all? If we turfed the guy for doing dodgy stuff, and this is down to him, are we still just as responsible?

And if he is caught to have done these dodgy invoices how reliable could his statement be. The fact is he is given his statement but the board haven't had a chance to defend themselves and his word has just been taken as gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.