What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
A governing body that lumps every possible breach for the last few years onto this year's cap, and doesn't tell the club. Then decides that no team that is even slightly over the cap can earn points. Then spends 2 months investigating. Then attempts to force directors and staff to resign immediately or the season is over....

I dunno, something just doesn't sit right with me about all that.

Kornstar

Coach
Was listening to talkin sports yesterday and they have changed their tone. Not as critical to the eels as they were on Tuesday

Papworth was very critical of the cap and the playing field because of Brisbane spending way more than any other team regardless whether they are cap compliant or not because of the TPAs they can offer.

I think one things for sure, people just want the NRL to sort of the TPA situation, which they won't because they are as incompetent as these 5 guys!

El Diablo

Post Whore
To be honest, from an outsiders view looking in, that is a pretty good article. The people who provided quotes who will attend the conference are probably spot on with most of what they say.

no it's not as players salaries are nothing like performance enhancing drugs

it's a terrible analogy and he has accused the players of knowingly cheated

hybrideel

Bench
The players get paid by the club and from third party sponsors. Surely they cannot be aware as to the exact nature of the clubs involvement or non involvement in securing them and whether they are legit or not. If they were being paid money from a random source though or cash under the table then that is a different thing entirely and they should be held accountable
In saying that i to a certain extent don't feel as though the Cronulla players should be held accountable for the peptides. If a doctor gives you a needle how the hell are you supposed to know exactly what is in it. I got the flu shot the other day, should i have questioned my doc on the exact ingredients in the shot? No i trust the experts in their field

Gronk

Staff member
Lol listening to Raaay. He's DESPERATE for the GO5 to resign this weekend and withdraw court action.

He said that he spoke to someone who spoke to Steve Sharp...

He said he spoke to someone who knows someone at the NRL ...

What a circus.

eels_fan

First Grade
I missed Hadley when he was on, but the guy who runs the show in his absense said something to the effect of that the NRL whilst allowing us to accumulate points whilst the Go5 fight the breach, have the ability in 4 weeks or whenever this is resolved to take all our points, including any we have won on top of the initial 12, and increase our fine, all for taking the matter the court

Gronk

Staff member
I missed Hadley when he was on, but the guy who runs the show in his absense said something to the effect of that the NRL whilst allowing us to accumulate points whilst the Go5 fight the breach, have the ability in 4 weeks or whenever this is resolved to take all our points, including any we have won on top of the initial 12, and increase our fine, all for taking the matter the court

Yeah hadley was trying to suggest that because the GO5 were seeking natural justice it's made the NRL pissed so now they are going to come down even harder.

Sounds legit.

Well, the guy is talking complete and utter rubbish. The code of conduct allows the directors / club to go to court for issues involving due process.

Noise

Coach

Yep, they can take the points away we earn. Was in the NRL's statement yesterday:

“The club can accrue points while the breach process is ongoing but the NRL will determine whether those points are retained in its final determination.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/05/06/nrl_update_on_parram.html

What is it about our quiet little club that has people frothing at the mouth and demanding all sorts of absurd penalties? We've not won anything for ages and we only cheated a little bit, and not very well either.

Noise

Coach
What is it about our quiet little club that has people frothing at the mouth and demanding all sorts of absurd penalties? We've not won anything for ages and we only cheated a little bit, and not very well either.

You either cheated or you didn't. It doesn't matter by how much and what results you got out of it. And even if it did it appears we have been the 3rd biggest cheats in 108 years of rugby league. That's not a good look.

Stagger eel

Staff member
It's awesome isn't it??

So the players, coaching staff and fans still don't know if winning every game from here on will be in vain or not, it's a disgraceful situation to be in..

Stagger eel

Staff member

Apart from being a threat to the other 15 clubs in the comp there's also a powerful and influential group of individuals who are friends of the ex CEO ... It makes for quite a lynch mob!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The punishment has to fit the crime so it sort of does matter how much we cheated.

eels_fan

First Grade
Yep... Can see us winning the next 3 going into the bye, sitting pretty on 20 points, hashtags of #9from12 and the NRL will turn around and say, well actually, we're gonna take all 20 (yep, we're taking your bye points as well, just because we can.)

You either cheated or you didn't. It doesn't matter by how much and what results you got out of it. And even if it did it appears we have been the 3rd biggest cheats in 108 years of rugby league. That's not a good look.

You really think it doesn't matter how much someone cheats? Then there's no shame in being the third biggest cheats of all time I suppose. (And there's no chance we are anyway)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yep... Can see us winning the next 3 going into the bye, sitting pretty on 20 points, hashtags of #9from12 and the NRL will turn around and say, well actually, we're gonna take all 20 (yep, we're taking your bye points as well, just because we can.)

You better believe it ....

eels_fan

First Grade
We are probably the 3rd biggest cheats to ever get caught, but there's no doubt we are the dumbest cheats in the 108 year history of the game...

Gronk

Staff member
It's awesome isn't it??

So the players, coaching staff and fans still don't know if winning every game from here on will be in vain or not, it's a disgraceful situation to be in..

That's not true. IIRC the final decision was always June. The Tuesday findings were always preliminary. All the court action has resulted in is 5 days being pushed out to 28 days.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts