What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 Baby

Referee
I think we've got buckleys of getting points back .... best we could do is prove we havent done half of what they claim and stick most of it on greenburgs buddy - then show our proof to the media and hope they see some value in a story of how hardly done by we've been
Have better chance of selling story of how useless Greenburg is, or better yet get Seward to roll on him too

ash411

Bench
I think we've got buckleys of getting points back .... best we could do is prove we havent done half of what they claim and stick most of it on greenburgs buddy - then show our proof to the media and hope they see some value in a story of how hardly done by we've been

Honestly, even if we can pin the lot on Seward, makes no difference in the ned, he was acting on behalf of the club, so the punishments stick.

The best hope we have is being able to prove that any of the legit TPA's we actually may have that they've thrown into the "non-legit" TPA bucket are actually legit and get the TPA value they are adding to next years cap reduced, if that's possible.

No point trying to get any of this years penalties reduced, they're gonna happen, we probably deserve them, so we just need to take those at this point. Unless there is some magic evidence we have to explain away some of the dodgy stuff, but I doubt we have that.

ash411

Bench
Poor HJ still believes we will get our points back. Keep the dream alive mate.

I mean, I hope to God we can, I'd be so happy, but it just doesn't seem likely.

I can't really fault his logic though, his theory makes perfect sense, but then the NRL makes their own rules, and they're a moving target, so it really seems unlikely.

but then the NRL makes their own rules, and they're a moving target, so it really seems unlikely.

That's the obstacle we face - the NRL. Our job is to outmaneuver them and get a court to mandate the backdating of the insurance claim and subsequent deduction.

Avenger

Immortal
Forget it HJ, we are f**ked. This is only the beginning. The 12 points will not be reduced. The end.

PS - Update.

If there is a "fair process" avenue for taking the NRL to court (and it seems the only avenue that we can take as the NRL has set it up this way) then the treatment of an insurance payout in a manner different to what society in general treats such matters is more than enough grounds for "fair process".

All we need is a bunch of people smart enough to get that in front of a court. Whether we have that or not, I don't know.

On a separate note, I think Avy is pulling everyone's leg with his updates. They flip flop every couple of days. I think he's just enjoying everyone thinking he is getting inside info and the switching is to keep everyone hooked.

If there is a "fair process" avenue for taking the NRL to court (and it seems the only avenue that we can take as the NRL has set it up this way) then the treatment of an insurance payout in a manner different to what society in general treats such matters is more than enough grounds for "fair process".

All we need is a bunch of people smart enough to get that in front of a court. Whether we have that or not, I don't know.

What you describe has nothing to do with 'fair process', 'due process', or 'natural justice'. You've described a discretionary decision, and (according to the code of conduct at least) we can't appeal that. 'Fair process' is about the right have your argument/defense heard and be duly considered before a final decision is made. It is not about whether general society thinks the decision is fair.

Gronk

Staff member
Our club is in mourning. The fans and the players have lost the spring in their step and that was obvious from the poor crowd last night and lack of enthusiasm by the team.

Merkins need to be accountable for this.

I am angry not that we pushed the TPA envelope, but that we were so stupid leave a trail of crumbs. Every club does it, we were just stupid enough to not cover our tracks. Amateurs.

I am angry at the whistle blower(s) whose lives are so f**ked up that they need to be vengeful and see people suffer. What were they thinking ? Yes all very nice to seek revenge on Steve Sharpe etc. Was that the aim ? Well what really have you done ? How many thousands of people have you <in a sporting sense> destroyed ? Unforgivable.

I am angry at the NRL for pretending that we are Robinson Crusoe and having the gall to actually say that they are confident that every other club are compliant, when they know that the whole TPA system is a cancer which unravels any continuity that the salary cap actually creates.

I am angry at the media who fuel the fire of hyperbole, damage reputations with little regard to the consequences.

Heads have to roll. Don't know whose arse I want. But I want a head on a platter.

What a cluster f**k.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Seasons done, watched the game at a mates last night you can tell they are a broken team.

All that promise flushed down the drain, the selfishness of a few have destroyed another season for so many loyal fans who deserve so much more.

Parraren

Bench
Our club is in mourning. The fans and the players have lost the spring in their step and that was obvious from the poor crowd last night and lack of enthusiasm by the team.

I am angry not that we pushed the TPA envelope, but that we were so stupid leave a trail of crumbs. Every club does it, we were just stupid enough to not cover our tracks. Amateurs.

I am angry at the whistle blower(s) whose lives are so f**ked up that they need to be vengeful and see people suffer. What were they thinking ? Yes all very nice to seek revenge on Steve Sharpe etc. Was that the aim ? Well what really have you done ? How many thousands of people have you <in a sporting sense> destroyed ? Unforgivable.

I am angry at the NRL for pretending that we are Robinson Crusoe and having the gall to actually say that they are confident that every other club are compliant, when they know that the whole TPA system is a cancer which unravels any continuity that the salary cap actually creates.

I am angry at the media who fuel the fire of hyperbole, damage reputations with little regard to the consequences.

Heads have to roll. Don't know whose arse I want. But I want a head on a platter.

What a cluster f**k.

Well said Gronk.

I really struggle to understand the motivations of the leakers. Absolute scum of the earth. They must be at a point where they couldn't give a f**k about the club and are only bitterly focussed on revenge. As you say, thousands of people suffer as a result. It's petulant bullshit.

Karma will bite those merkins hard in the near future. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone but id make an exception in this circumstance....

Chipmunk

Coach

What a cluster f**k.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts