What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarman

Juniors
Well said Gronk.

I really struggle to understand the motivations of the leakers. Absolute scum of the earth. They must be at a point where they couldn't give a f**k about the club and are only bitterly focussed on revenge. As you say, thousands of people suffer as a result. It's petulant bullshit.

Karma will bite those merkins hard in the near future. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone but id make an exception in this circumstance....
You would think being on the board is the most prestigious and lucrative appointment on Earth. What these f**kwits would do for the free beer and wearing a blazer.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well said Gronk.

I really struggle to understand the motivations of the leakers. Absolute scum of the earth. They must be at a point where they couldn't give a f**k about the club and are only bitterly focussed on revenge. As you say, thousands of people suffer as a result. It's petulant bullshit.

Karma will bite those merkins hard in the near future. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone but id make an exception in this circumstance....

this has brought out the absolute worst in all of us, and can you blame us? ..

I said this to a few people yesterday, there needs to be a complete clean out of the place with the only survivor being the head coach and we need to start from the very scratch, and before we moan about the no finals footy in nearly a decade garbage and no premierships in 30 years crap..just remember where the impatience of us supporters and the rogue employees and board members got us, for the sake of having a succesful team in 5 minutes...everyone ridiculed a 5 year plan but the reality was it's exactly what we needed to get there as a force but than our caped crusaded chairman decided that we can do this in 12 months and this is where we are today...

we need to start again and if it takes 5 or 10 years to recover than so be it...put up or shut up.

Problem is getting outsiders in is they have no connection with the club and don't care what happens once they are gone.

Gus Gould, love him or hate him, has done wonders at the Panthers and is stepping down from the full time job there is just be a consultant, would wouldn't we talk him about using him a consultants role as well? he is all for winning the fight against AFL in western sydney, he knows rugby league and how to talk to people.
Don't employ him, get him in to go through the place and have a look and offer advice of where things need addressing and how to move forward.
Start with a CEO with experience of being a CEO of rugby league club who knows the ins and outs.
That could be the single most important appointment in the clubs history the next football CEO.

this has brought out the absolute worst in all of us, and can you blame us? ..

I said this to a few people yesterday, there needs to be a complete clean out of the place with the only survivor being the head coach and we need to start from the very scratch, and before we moan about the no finals footy in nearly a decade garbage and no premierships in 30 years crap..just remember where the impatience of us supporters and the rogue employees and board members got us, for the sake of having a succesful team in 5 minutes...everyone ridiculed a 5 year plan but the reality was it's exactly what we needed to get there as a force but than our caped crusaded chairman decided that we can do this in 12 months and this is where we are today...

we need to start again and if it takes 5 or 10 years to recover than so be it...put up or shut up.
I don't think it will take 5 years if we stick with BA and most of the players he has now and the juniors that are on their way through we can make the finals next year and challenge for the title in 3 seasons.
Just need the Right CEO and a board that keeps their noses out of the footy side of things.

I've never felt as depressed as i have in life as i have the last 2 weeks and most of it stems back to this bloody stupid rugby league club.
I wonder why i bother sometimes, i stopped reading the papers months ago.
i nearly turned the sound off on the tv last night due to bullshit commentary.
But it stills gets to me.

I was so annoyed that there were no game i could come down for due to draw til round 20 and hoping one of the last 3 home games was a Saturday night game so i could come down for at least one game, now I'm not sure i want to even make the effort.
Unless it's just to have some drinks and catch up with some forumites.

Chipmunk

Coach
Problem is getting outsiders in is they have no connection with the club and don't care what happens once they are gone.

Gus Gould, love him or hate him, has done wonders at the Panthers and is stepping down from the full time job there is just be a consultant, would wouldn't we talk him about using him a consultants role as well? he is all for winning the fight against AFL in western sydney, he knows rugby league and how to talk to people.
Don't employ him, get him in to go through the place and have a look and offer advice of where things need addressing and how to move forward.
Start with a CEO with experience of being a CEO of rugby league club who knows the ins and outs.
That could be the single most important appointment in the clubs history the next football CEO.

Your first sentence of your post probably contradicts the entire second paragraph. As good as Gus is, he was always a Penrith guy, from playing first grade, to captaining the club, to coaching it to their first ever Premiership. Gus has no connection to Parra and why would he care what happens to it once he has gone?

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
I was so annoyed that there were no game i could come down for due to draw til round 20 and hoping one of the last 3 home games was a Saturday night game so i could come down for at least one game, now I'm not sure i want to even make the effort.
Unless it's just to have some drinks and catch up with some forumites.

I'd say the last six rounds we will play mostly 3.00pm or 5.30pm games on the Saturday or potentially 2.00pm Sunday.

Do you reckon that the insiders have behaved as if they give a shit what happens after they're gone?

I get your point, and whatever we do needs to be carefully thought through.

To be honest, I'd consider taking control of the NRL license away from the PRLC (and from the footy club if necessary) for a period of say 24 to 36 months. Maybe allow 2 directors to be appointed by the PRLC. The license to be handed back contingent on the club(s) getting its shit together (this way the on-field action doesn't directly affect elections etc). For the interim period, pay the executive directors a competitive salary and significant bonuses based on ladder position and on the absence of f**kwit behaviour.

everyone ridiculed a 5 year plan but the reality was it's exactly what we needed to get there as a force

Hold on Mate.

I had no problem with a 5 year plan, The problem for me was when it was implemented we went form a half decent 60 minute side to a shit swizzling side to a side that no one had confidence in, all under a coach whose main expression was a vacant stare.

If you think that BA doesn't have a 5 year plan and that we are in year 3 of it, you are kidding yourself.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hold on Mate.

I had no problem with a 5 year plan, The problem for me was when it was implemented we went form a half decent 60 minute side to a shit swizzling side to a side that no one had confidence in, all under a coach whose main expression was a vacant stare.

If you think that BA doesn't have a 5 year plan and that we are in year 3 of it, you are kidding yourself.

well i had no issue with it either even if it meant taking 3 steps back to eventually get to where we wanted to be..Just remember, Penrith released 4 or 5 superstars to fix up their mess and plenty would say it worked ...

as for BA's plan, i see 1 important plan the needs to happen and that's extend him for a further 2 years ASAP.

Stagger eel

Staff member
100% agree. I would go further and say 3 more years on top of his current contract, with a juice upgrade as well.

I actually don't think many appreciate the sort of shit he's going through behind the scenes right now, he's been the 1 and only shining light through this mess and we need to base our future around him.

if BA breaks, and lets face it...he is only human, than we are well and truely rooted!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I actually don't think many appreciate the sort of shit he's going through behind the scenes right now, he's been the 1 and only shining light through this mess and we need to base our future around him.

if BA breaks, and lets face it...he is only human, than we are well and truely rooted!
Makes the boards decision to deny him a new deal and upgrade after it was promised even more horrendous.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
His presser last night was amazing, he just keeps on keeping on.

I understand that he and Schoey are managing our cap now so it appears he is taking on a more significant role as well as being head coach and even part time coach of Wenty.

Just hope the guy doesn't burn himself out.

oldmancraigy

Coach
well i had no issue with it either even if it meant taking 3 steps back to eventually get to where we wanted to be..Just remember, Penrith released 4 or 5 superstars to fix up their mess and plenty would say it worked ...

as for BA's plan, i see 1 important plan the needs to happen and that's extend him for a further 2 years ASAP.

Did the Panthers thing really work though?

Maybe they needed a clean out, but one might fairly argue they have been spinning the wheels for years.

Since the clean out they went 15th, 10th, 4th, 11th.
The 4 years prior to that (ie, under the 'old regime'), they were 12th, 11th, 2nd, 12th

You'd make a fair case they achieved more prior to the cleanout? Certainly the big names they cleaned out haven't struggled to achieve success with other clubs.

It honestly feels like they re-started for this season, cleaned out some of the cornerstore pieces of the last regime (Brown, Idris, Manu), and are starting over. 5-5, looking ok under Griffin.

But essentially I agree apart from that - keep BA, keep building!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Did the Panthers thing really work though?

Maybe they needed a clean out, but one might fairly argue they have been spinning the wheels for years.

Since the clean out they went 15th, 10th, 4th, 11th.
The 4 years prior to that (ie, under the 'old regime'), they were 12th, 11th, 2nd, 12th

You'd make a fair case they achieved more prior to the cleanout? Certainly the big names they cleaned out haven't struggled to achieve success with other clubs.

It honestly feels like they re-started for this season, cleaned out some of the cornerstore pieces of the last regime (Brown, Idris, Manu), and are starting over. 5-5, looking ok under Griffin.

But essentially I agree apart from that - keep BA, keep building!

agreed

I dont get the Gus love, not really a fan myself

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yeah, I agree. BA is OK but we don't need to jizz our pants.

Every coach or player is either a f**ken superstar or a major nuffy, apparently :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts