What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of CEO visits a player who's in rehab after a drug overdose? Did he really think that Foran would welcome the visit? The guy is all about appearances.

Sphagnum

Coach
As much as the NRL are a bunch of amateurs and can barely run the game, our administration that were involved in cheating are the reason we only technically have 1 win from 12 games this year.

Even the scumbag whistle blower(s) aren't to blame, again the cheaters are and we the fans and the players have to suffer.

In extreme circumstances a lot of people aim their hatred in the wrong direction, I think this is the perfect example of that.

I understand it as I am partial to entertaining conspiracy theories but then realise that all of the things that have to be kept secret for said conspiracy theory to be true are just too many for someone not to speak out about. As we have learnt over time, people like to leak shit and big note themselves.

Except for all of the conspiracies that have and continue to occur that go right through to the keeper. This is minuscule and pointless compared to them. If it readily works for the most heinous of crimes, stitching up a footy team would be child's play.

Kornstar

Coach
Except for all of the conspiracies that have and continue to occur that go right through to the keeper. This is minuscule and pointless compared to them. If it readily works for the most heinous of crimes, stitching up a footy team would be child's play.

For example? All the ones that go through to the keeper?

Sphagnum

Coach
Where's Casper when you need him?

That's the beauty of the term 'conspiracy theory' and all of its well entrenched negative connotations. Whenever anyone starts questioning the status quo you can just label it as that and all of the narrow minded sheeple accept that as a legitimate answer and forget about it.

strider

Post Whore
What kind of CEO visits a player who's in rehab after a drug overdose? Did he really think that Foran would welcome the visit? The guy is all about appearances.

Agree ... ive never thought much of greenburg ... he is a big talker and manipulator ... he is the cameron smith of CEOs

strider

Post Whore
a few of the leaks quoted NRL sources

and the report was leaked to the media as was the date penalties would be handed down

that info could only come from the NRL

Todd Greenburg leaked it on 2GB .... I still cannot comprehend how no one questions why he would go on national radio to discuss it BEFORE the official NRL announcement ... it absolutely reeks ... :crazy:

Djay

Juniors
Todd Greenburg leaked it on 2GB .... I still cannot comprehend how no one questions why he would go on national radio to discuss it BEFORE the official NRL announcement ... it absolutely reeks ... :crazy:

I have been asking this question since the day it all went down.

No one has made a big deal of this, I think it absolutely stinks and is a joke.

Why was it so important to go to Ray Hadley before us fans, and then also be late to the press conference. :crazy:

Sphagnum

Coach

Why was it so important to go to Ray Hadley before us fans, and then also be late to the press conference. :crazy:

Was all part of the 'arrangement'

strider

Post Whore

Shows his priorities i guess :?

Djay

Juniors
Was all part of the 'arrangement'

All very convenient from our admirable leader.

On this whole topic, I have heard from people within the club that during the entire investigation that the NRL were struggling to find conclusive evidence condemning us to the "salary cap rorts", it was once Seward got involved in the investigation everything changed and they suddenly found everything they were initially looking for.

It all makes sense also because the timing of Avengers post that Friday night after the Dogs game about the punishment becoming as severe as possible was right around the time Seward was brought into the investigation.

But the timing of Watmough's retirement for cap purposes is just not relevant to any of that. The NRL are not bound to treat his retirement in a similar way to that in which external bodies (e.g. insurance company, his employer, the tax office) treat the situation.

How is it not relevant?

This is how insurance payouts are treated. The question shouldn't be "Why should this be treated the same way as the rest of society?" but instead "Why not?".

That's what you take to court. What's the alternative? To roll over? To allow the NRL to decide that it doesn't have to treat situations the same way a fair society would otherwise expect them to be treated?

For f**k's sake, that's the most cowardly position you could possibly take. Just let the NRL do whatever it wants? FMD.

In the end, what's the harm in taking a shot?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts