What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
BTW I coined the phrase Gang of Five (GO5) way back on day f**king 1 of this shit storm. What does Law.com say about my chances of suing Fairfax and NewsLtd for using it ?

Hindy111 or HJ ?

Eelogical

Referee
BTW I coined the phrase Gang of Five (GO5) way back on day f**king 1 of this shit storm. What does Law.com say about my chances of suing Fairfax and NewsLtd for using it ?

Hindy111 or HJ ?

Did you patent it? I mean, the way I see it you took your user name from the defunct TV show "It's About Time". The producers of that show may come knocking one day.

Last edited:
How is it not relevant?

This is how insurance payouts are treated. The question shouldn't be "Why should this be treated the same way as the rest of society?" but instead "Why not?".

That's what you take to court. What's the alternative? To roll over? To allow the NRL to decide that it doesn't have to treat situations the same way a fair society would otherwise expect them to be treated?

For f**k's sake, that's the most cowardly position you could possibly take. Just let the NRL do whatever it wants? FMD.

In the end, what's the harm in taking a shot?

There's no harm in taking a shot....in terms of our direct response to the NRL....they can only say 'no'.

But in terms of potential court action it is a waste of time and money that could be better spent on either challenging parts of the judgement that matter, or doing whatever with.

It's not about fighting the NRL or not fighting the NRL. It's about getting the best outcome for our club. And frigging around chasing lost causes is not going to help.

If you'd like to point me to a single legal decision or statute that implies that decisions taken by an insurance company oblige a third party to change their treatment of a transaction....go for it.

I'm not a coward. I just don't believe in taking significant risks or losing a significant amount of money for f**k all potential return. That's business.

Bigfella

Coach
What kind of CEO visits a player who's in rehab after a drug overdose? Did he really think that Foran would welcome the visit? The guy is all about appearances.

C'mon mate he was fully sincere.

He wanted it hush hush and it wasn't about appearances.

Which is why he only causally mentioned it to the chief rugby league writer at news limited's flagship tabloid and authorised it to be a lead story.

You could have knocked him down with a feather when the story got out.

Kornstar

Coach
You've got a browser mate. Open google and educate yourself. Anything I post here will be deleted.

I have read plenty and some of it is very believable until you keep digging and it just gets ridiculous. Like I said, how can that many people stay silent about what they are supposedly covering up when we know from experience that people can't keep their mouths shut.

Gronk

Staff member
David Riccio ‏@DaveRic1 18m18 minutes ago
Just In: @NRL boss Todd Greenberg to inform all 16 CEOs of latest match-fixing details via phone hook-up at 3pm

We don't have one Toddy. Derp.

Delboy

First Grade
This is strange, not going on the Hardley show to ensure he is shown as the big boss man and preserve his image, no doubt Raaay will have the details within 5 minutes

84 Baby

Referee
Tood: "Ok CEOs I have money on Eels being last for a set number of weeks so the fix is on for Cowgirls to lose to Knoughts. Plus first points to be a Thurston penalty goal. Put your money on it guys"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts