What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

yy_cheng

Coach
Knowing about it and being actively engaged in it are two different things.

I reckon he knew what was going on but probably wasn't a part of actually doing it, but there was no way in hell he was telling anyone. It wouldn't make sense for a coach to not twig on to that, same with Bellamy.

Well in banking there is AML, if you know or hear about it and not report it, then you are accountable. If BA reported it to his manager, then it is no longer his issue. It is probably why he said, I will only focus on matters of the footy field prior to the Salary Cap breach announcements.

Djay

Juniors
We got busted I agree. I just don't think that the NRL did a competant job. 2 different things.

I am still of that belief, come to terms with the fact we've lost our points and been busted etc but I still think there is a lot of unanswered questions and few holes in the investigation.

By no means are we innocent but the NRL investigation has been far from "well done".

muznik

Juniors
Fitzy is still pretty much a regular at the chairmans lounge and it wouldn't surprise me if there again tonight...if he does show he's face it'll only confirm to all that he is a low despicable human.

Maybe at the 32nd minute (yrs he was in charge ?) all the Parra fans can stand, drop their strides & moon the Chairman's Box in appreciation of DF ?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Can you copy paste? they want me to subscribe to read that and I ain't.

Nathan Peats ready to move on as Eels take on Souths

The Australian
May 13, 2016 12:00AM

Margie McDonald
Sports reporter
Sydney

Nathan Peats cannot bring himself to watch tonight?s match *between Parramatta and South Sydney, where his former teammates begin the battle to keep their season alive.

?I don?t think I will be watching it, but I wish the boys all the best,? Peats saidyesterday.

?They have all been so supportive of me this week and they are a great bunch of guys.

?I will be taking my partner on a good date night, as it has been just as tough a week for her as it has been for me.?

When asked if he had a parting message for the club administrators who had precipitated the Eels? salary cap crisis, he replied: ?I think that a lot of people have sent messages to them, so I don?t need to buy into that.

?I will say that I certainly don?t think that this mess was restricted to just those five (club officials).?

Peats, his partner Jade and 14-month-old son Leyton will now make their way to the Gold Coast for him to take up an 18-month offer after Parramatta were forced to lose three players to become compliant to the salary cap by kick-off against the Rabbitohs *tonight. Anthony Watmough (injury retirement) and Ryan Morgan (Melbourne) are the other two players to depart.

Peats made a final trip to the Eels? home ground of Pirtek Stadium yesterday to bid farewell to his teammates of the past 2½ seasons.

There were hugs all around and few later took to social media to express their feelings.

?Going to miss our little buddy. All the best with the next chapter brother. Love ya,? wrote club captain Tim Mannah.

Centre Brad Takairangi praised Peats for his self-sacrifice: ?Putting the team b4 himself goes to show what kind of person he is. From boys to Family! Guna (sic) miss u brother ull (you will) kill it up there.?

Peats said that while he was extremely disappointed to be leaving the Eels, he was looking forward to a fresh start.

?Obviously they are the cards that I have been dealt, and as much as I didn?t want to leave the Eels, I am happy with the final outcome. The Titans are certainly a club on the rise.

?I am looking forward to playing under (Titans coach) Neil Henry as I have heard a lot of good things about him. Hopefully we click because that?s important,? Peats said.

?I want to play good football for him and the club.?

Henry said he was more than happy to create room in his roster for Peats, who was ?a possibility? of playing the Sydney Roosters on Monday at Cbus Stadium.

?He?s a utility player, as he?s played a fair bit in the back-row (South Sydney) and 90-odd NRL games, so he?s a very tough *competitor.

?He brings depth and class to our forwards,? Henry said, adding he was down two hookers in Matt Srama (knee, season) and Daniel Mortimer (hamstring).

In fact, all four Titans hookers ? Srama, Mortimer, Nathan Friend and Kierran Moseley ? are off contract this year.

Peats already has friends at his new club. Shaun Edwards, a member of Henry?s staff, worked with him at Souths, along with the former Rabbitohs on the Titans? roster, Chris McQueen and Eddy Pettybourne.

Titans forward Ryan James yesterday said the players were hopeful Peats? arrival would help turn around their season, with the team currently in 13th spot after losing five on the trot. ?It?s great for the club, hopefully it means some more wins,? James said.

NSW Origin backrower Greg Bird told the NRL website that Peats would be a great addition to a rebuilding squad.

?He?s got good ball skills, he?s tough, he can play a few different positions and he?s probably going to be a NSW player in the next couple of years,? he said.

Parra

Referee
If this stuff was being discussed in board meetings and recorded and minuted how do any board members survive?

The only way possible is if they were the whistle blowers which is a possibility, but has not been suggested by anyone so far. If they are then good on them - surely this info would be out in the open.

So we have board meeting recordings - but not all board members implicated, a statement from an ex-employee and and arse-covering email from the CFO.

There is a lot missing here or being kept very secret.

Dibs

Bench
If this stuff was being discussed in board meetings and recorded and minuted how do any board members survive?

The only way possible is if they were the whistle blowers which is a possibility, but has not been suggested by anyone so far. If they are then good on them - surely this info would be out in the open.

So we have board meeting recordings - but not all board members implicated, a statement from an ex-employee and and arse-covering email from the CFO.

It doesn't make sense does it? Very confusing as to how they can pick certain board members and not others.

yy_cheng

Coach
It's a good point but I can't imagine anyone in the nrl hiring him again.

True. And not just the NRL. I know someone said he works for the Melbourne CC or something or rather, but now you would be suspicious of him if I were his work mates.

yy_cheng

Coach
How can he be deregistered when he isn't registered in the first place?

You're probably right. I don't know what the registration involves and if you lose it when you no longer work with the NRL or associated organizations.

emjaycee

Coach

Maybe some Board members were dissenting in the meetings (recordings) and were outvoted and hence the NRL finds them not implicated?

Just my supposition but is one other option you hadn't considered above.

strider

Post Whore
yeah, there is pretty much no mention of Seward from the NRL so far ..... surely he would have been at the heart of the TPA shenanigans .... or perhaps the problem is where he got his ideas from???

emjaycee

Coach
Splitting hairs for arguments sake. He should be banned from ever registering again

Greenburg said in last weeks presser that applications for registration of "other parties" would be considered on a case by case basis at the time of the application.

I heard that to include people like Seward and probably some ex-directors and club executives who are not currently working in the NRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.