What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels season ends sunday.

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
I think we will always rely on the Leagues club but I don't think that will mean relying on the pokies.

Why should we when the ultimate example - Souths, who really don't have a proper functioning Leagues Club, can?

Suity

V1er

Juniors
Id take a premiership anyway i can, if that means playing average all year then winning in the finals when it counts then so be it. I certainly wouldnt care how we won.

Suitman

Post Whore
Nikki said:
Heres a question that just popped into my head.. As far as Im concerned, we have been pretenders all year. I have often questioned how we were up in the top 4 etc. I think there are a few ppl here who may also share my opinion.

My question is, If we do somehow crawl over the line and win a Premiership does it mean more or less to you as opposed to us winning it after been on fire all year?

Ultimately, I'd like to see us as a powerhouse (not chokers or alsorans).
2001 was the perfect opportunity to establish that but we blew it.
That is the type of season I'd like to see us win a premiership in.

Suity

Kornstar

Coach
Nikki said:
Heres a question that just popped into my head.. As far as Im concerned, we have been pretenders all year. I have often questioned how we were up in the top 4 etc. I think there are a few ppl here who may also share my opinion.

My question is, If we do somehow crawl over the line and win a Premiership does it mean more or less to you as opposed to us winning it after been on fire all year?

I really couldn't answer that till it happens, i guess you can say it would make up for 2001 though?

Ask again on the 1st of Octob....actually scrap that, ask when i wake up from the 3 week bender i would have if we won.....maybe the 30th of October and i will answer the question :D

Nikki

Coach
Kornstar said:
I really couldn't answer that till it happens, i guess you can say it would make up for 2001 though?

Ask again on the 1st of Octob....actually scrap that, ask when i wake up from the 3 week bender i would have if we won.....maybe the 30th of October and i will answer the question :D

It is a hard one to answer isnt it? I havent been throught a premiership win yet, not coming on board til '88 so I dont know the jubulation of winning one. As V1er said, I would probably take a premiership any way we can, but just wondering within myself would I feel like something was missing if we were to just limp over the line.. Heres hoping that question can be answered this year!!!

Kornstar

Coach
Nikki said:
It is a hard one to answer isnt it? I havent been throught a premiership win yet, not coming on board til '88 so I dont know the jubulation of winning one. As V1er said, I would probably take a premiership any way we can, but just wondering within myself would I feel like something was missing if we were to just limp over the line.. Heres hoping that question can be answered this year!!!

I was at the 86 GF but i was a Bulldogs supporter, i jumped on the Eels wagon ever since and there has only been heartache for me........i am hoping we can answer that question too this year!!

Nikki said:

i'll take a premiership any way i can get it but i dont think a team of pretenders could win a premiership, the semis are a war of attrition and if you aren't good enough to be there you very quickly won't be, even if you finished top 2 & jagged a win in week one you would still face a trial by fire in the preliminary final and another in the grand final assuming you made it that far

eelavation said:
hope you're right...btw, what's the latest with their real estate plan that they have?

I haven't been into Parramatta for the last 3 weeks so if anyone has been to the club via O'Connell Street, how is the new Building looking?

Nikki said:
Heres a question that just popped into my head.. As far as Im concerned, we have been pretenders all year.

If it weren't for how we fronted up against the Tigers at Telstra, with the enthusiasm, work ethic, and trust shown in other teammates, I might ask that same question.

But I hang my hopes on them clicking into that groove again sometime soon.

Eelectrica

Referee
Nikki said:

Tiger fans seemed happy enough with their premiership. We've had our good days this year, and if we managed to get type of form reversal required for us to win this year I'd take it.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
we will beat brisbane, timmy will take the line on, he and finch will show the nrl they still have it. and our defence has been great the last few weeks....parra will win

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Lets beat Brisbane first. Brisbane were in ordinary form then came good at the right time of the year. Infact who would of thought Brisbane were going to win the premiership after there loss to the Dragons in week 1.

We need to win this weekend.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Natalie's Daddy said:
I think it is going to take a huge form reversal to overcome the Broncos and the referee.
to overcome the broncos...yes...the ref well thats out of our hands, he is a twit archer has dead set no idea, can't control a big game if his life depended on it...and sunday is a huge game

forward pass

Coach
hindmarsh4pm said:
we will beat brisbane, timmy will take the line on, he and finch will show the nrl they still have it. and our defence has been great the last few weeks....parra will win

You may end up in the Twizzle hall of fame for comments like that !!

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
forward pass said:
You may end up in the Twizzle hall of fame for comments like that !!
just being conifdent, taking some confidence into the game thats all, dont want to be waiting all weekend expecting a loss....we can win this i belive we can, and by winning this it means the sminch combo will fire