What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels show interest in Jason Smith

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parraren said:
Great piece of journalism that.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Look, I don't think he'd be a bad signing, for insurance purposes only. At the end of the day, we need a 5/8. It may be PJ, it may be Green or someone else. Smith would at least bring us loads of experience and depth in a position we need.

His age is a concern. On last years form he'd be a sensation but he has shown signs this year that the constant wear and tear of a tough NRL season might be too much for him.

Parra Pete seems to think he's going to the Cowboys anyway...

I heard the Cowboys dropped out of the race..

I agree, great piece of journalism :lol:

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
If one club needs an organiser like J Smith it is the roosters. I mean Anasta, Finch and Harrison between them could not organise a root in a brothel. However I feel no sympathy for them.

Parraren

Bench
Whenever a journalist or reporter or Danny Weidler (3 seperate categories folks) use the terms;

- "It is understood..."
- "It is thought..."
- "It has been reported..."
- "Insiders beleive..."

It basically means they are either a) talkin sh*te, or b) getting their information off the forums.

The Colonel said:
Nope, they have half a beer and a smoke waiting for him on the sidelines for when he usually takes a break.

Only haf a beer? Whit happens to the other haf? The glass is haf empty, fill it up fer the man. Daft basturds! This is actually the kind of haf time refreshments we 'av arranged fer the skool kids here in glasga.

I like the soond of this man, Smith. A good hardy Scottish name tae! Sign him up. He will teach yer young blokes nae to be poofs.

Utey

Coach
sorry man, respect. Good to seem them win one actually. Brings a bit more to the next series.

I agree to him coming if he will hang around after he retires and teach the young blokes the ropes.
Also he could teach some of the guys about drinking! he loves a beer does Jas, I remember having one with him years ago at the club.

Parra bringing Pay, Dymock, Smith and McCracken to the club really set us up for success....crucial signings they were for us at the time.

Potato Head and JT fed off that success when we really started to cook with gas.

Id rather Timmy learn how to drink with Smithy than Riddell.....

He may teach him another thing or two.

I reckon he would be a cheap one off buy, with a lot of experience. (Raiders are stuffed next year, surely? No Smith, Schifo or Woolford - not that he ever plays. Who is going to lead the Raiders? Alan Tongue?)

parra pete

Referee
Don't under estimate the Raiders..or the coaching ability of Neil Henry. They are one of the great Clubs in the NRL as far as heart goes...

HevyDevy

Coach
Parraren said:
Whenever a journalist or reporter or Danny Weidler (3 seperate categories folks) use the terms;

- "It is understood..."
- "It is thought..."
- "It has been reported..."
- "Insiders beleive..."

It basically means they are either a) talkin sh*te, or b) getting their information off the forums.

What it actually means is that an inside source has given the journo a tip but doesn't want to be quoted.

Latest posts