What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Snare Humble !

lingard

Coach
We have 5/8's coming out of ears - Mortimer, Keating, Mateo...
I just think this is an obvious backup plan in case things get too ridiculous with JH and in the last week or so the prices have been ridiculous ($1,000,000+ from rugby). We might not have a choice with him so why not cover our bets?
A sensible many faceted signing...

I agree with your comments on Hayne. But I think Mortimer is a seven, and I dont think Mateo will ever play five-eight again. K. Keating, in my opinion will end up partnering his brother as hooker and as a bit of a utility player. Maybe next year will see Mortimer at 7 and Humble at 6. Im sad to see Robson go, but I think its inevitable.

Eels Dude

Coach
I agree with your comments on Hayne. But I think Mortimer is a seven, and I dont think Mateo will ever play five-eight again. K. Keating, in my opinion will end up partnering his brother as hooker and as a bit of a utility player. Maybe next year will see Mortimer at 7 and Humble at 6. Im sad to see Robson go, but I think its inevitable.

They'd be stupid to thrust Humble straight into first grade. No chance. KK will be first choice in the halves with Morts, and if not it will be Mateo.

PB

Bench
what's his defense like?

WHat's his physical attributes? Height, Weight, etc

He is bigger than Mortimer I would say he comes in a shade under 6 ft and about 85-90kg's.

His defence is really good. He makes a stack of tackles, infact earlier in the year in a post match conference his coach said he makes too many tackles and he needed to try and balance his involvement a bit better, which he has done but we have still been amazed at some of the hits he tries to pull off (usually successfully) on props and backrowers.

He certainly does not sherk away from hard work. This afternoon i happened to be down at the ground where the Pride were training. The day after he has secured his future, he was the second guy to arrive at training.

He won't walk into NRL and score 3 tries in every game - who does, but he is ready to go.

yy_cheng

Coach
He is bigger than Mortimer I would say he comes in a shade under 6 ft and about 85-90kg's.

His defence is really good. He makes a stack of tackles, infact earlier in the year in a post match conference his coach said he makes too many tackles and he needed to try and balance his involvement a bit better, which he has done but we have still been amazed at some of the hits he tries to pull off (usually successfully) on props and backrowers.

He certainly does not sherk away from hard work. This afternoon i happened to be down at the ground where the Pride were training. The day after he has secured his future, he was the second guy to arrive at training.

He won't walk into NRL and score 3 tries in every game - who does, but he is ready to go.

Thanks mate,

so we now have someone who can cover Hayne at 1, Mortz at 6 and Hindy at 11.

WOW !!!

Is it Humble as in humble pie or

Hum Bleah like french

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Thanks mate,

so we now have someone who can cover Hayne at 1, Mortz at 6 and Hindy at 11.

WOW !!!

Is it Humble as in humble pie or

Hum Bleah like french

Or like Anil Kumble the Inidian Cricketer?

Fathead

Bench
AND I agree with the other poster - The Qld cup is a far better standard than the NSW Cup at the moment.
Humble came down to the eels and went through his paces.
He apparently was the fastest over 20 metres that the club has ever seen.. I was told explosive is an understatement.
He is young and a great investment.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Stagger - are you enjoying your holiday, or are you on the forums???

caylo

Bench
AND I agree with the other poster - The Qld cup is a far better standard than the NSW Cup at the moment.
Humble came down to the eels and went through his paces.
He apparently was the fastest over 20 metres that the club has ever seen.. I was told explosive is an understatement.
He is young and a great investment.

The club will find a spot for him if he is that good (looks better then Kelly tbh at a similar age). We have guys like Keating, Mortimer and Mitchell who are all good young prospect aswell, lets just hope we keep the right ones (if not all of them)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger - are you enjoying your holiday, or are you on the forums???

lovin the holidays Jess, I drove from Joplin Missouri, touched Kansas and am now in Oklahoma all today on the ole mother road (route 66) we're just relaxing tonight and doing the same again tomorrow...

with internet being free in all American hotels it's hard not to keep away from the normal things that are happening at home..