What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels' Tautai hid DUI arrest from club

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Eels winger Taulima Tautai was arrested for drink driving eight days ago but kept the arrest secret from his club until yesterday.

The Parramatta youngster – last year’s Rookie of the Year at the club – was arrested after allegedly recording a blood alcohol reading of 0.061 after being pulled over for a random breath test on Thursday, June 11.

Police say he admitted drinking four schooners but said, “I thought I would be OK”.

According to the Eels, Tautai kept the incident secret – taking the field against the Tigers on Monday – and only admitted to the arrest after being confronted about it yesterday.

Parramatta has not confirmed whether the player will be fined or stood down over the incident.

"We have called the player and his management to a meeting on Monday to confirm the charge and incident and after that the club will decide on the appropriate punishment,' Eels acting chief executive Andrew Hill told News Ltd.

"Until that time the club has no further comment."

http://rugbyleaguelive.com.au/Artic...e_dark_over_Tautais_drink_driving_charge.aspx

Inferno

Coach
I look forward to SFA from the NRL who apparently don't run NRL clubs but don't have a problem telling them what to do, or taking the decision to stand down players out of their hands.

Wonder how Brett Seymour and Jake Friend feel about this.

Butters

Bench
Why should he have to tell his employer? He got arrested for doing something illegal, end of story.

I don't see how they have any right to punish him for his actions, he didn't bring any shame to the NRL or his club through his actions. It's only a story now because the Eels are making a big deal out of it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I look forward to SFA from the NRL who apparently don't run NRL clubs but don't have a problem telling them what to do, or taking the decision to stand down players out of their hands.

Wonder how Brett Seymour and Jake Friend feel about this.
:lol:

F**king weak dude. If the club takes appropriate action, the NRL doesn't worry. If the club is seen to not be taking enough action, then they step in. Simple. There should be an independent body, but I think it's a fine system for now. Not to mention the fact you're jumping the gun, let Parra conduct their investigation first.

Spike

First Grade
You would have to get a soft magistrate to get a s10 for a low range PCA these days. I'd put my money on a smallish fine and a 3 month licence suspension.

The Gambler

Juniors
Why does he have to tell them?

He was low range. It was a Thursday night (they did not play until Monday) so I assume he can have a few beers if he wants...I don't see what the big deal is?

:lol:

F**king weak dude. If the club takes appropriate action, the NRL doesn't worry. If the club is seen to not be taking enough action, then they step in. Simple. There should be an independent body, but I think it's a fine system for now. Not to mention the fact you're jumping the gun, let Parra conduct their investigation first.

I thought the Chooks took alright action with Friend. $10k and shock treatment.

badav

Bench
What about speeding tickets? Parking fines?

I know for a fact that these can go through to the keeper.

So where do you draw the line? Dickhead.

Speeding fines (depending on the nature of them) and parking tickets arent the same as drink driving. Dont act stupid. If you can't draw a line between a parking ticket and drink driving then there is something wrong with you.

He should have to tell the club because every other player would have to do the same. Not to mention that DUI charges in NSW usually involve appearance infront of a magistrate.

As for the person who mentioned jake friend. i dont think he would have any right to feel hard done by. He was done high range and should have been sacked in my opinion.

Last edited:

The Gambler

Juniors
The lines drawn when you don't put other peoples lives in danger you DICKHEAD.........

stick to the pokies. :lol:
My apologies, but I did not realise speeding was safe...you know considering it does not result in many fatal accidents or anything...dickhead.

This was LOW range - different story if it was high range, hell even mid range. In other countries a reading of .061 is legal. I am not saying what he did is right, I just don't see why it is just a huge deal.

Stick to the pokies :lol: Good one you f**king muppet.

Bazal

Post Whore
Low Range or not he's a f**king idiot...should get 2 weeks for the offence, at least. Given he hid it from the club, I'd support even longer...no excuse for drink driving IMO

Kiki

First Grade
ffs why do people drink and drive. i love a drink but i have never and will never drink and drive.

its not that hard u know?

if u wanna drink....catch a taxi home.

if u want to drive....have one drink or none at all.

ITS NOT THAT COMPLICATED. jesus.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
I like how you decided to avoid the speeding issue...smart move.
because you were the one who compared dui and speeding to a parking ticket and the issue is not speeding it's drink driving. anyone who thinks dui and a parking ticket is in the same category is a complete f**king dropkick