What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Trivia

Being an extremely trivial person myself, I thought I would instigate a random batch of Eels trivia...

Although I'd thought I'd start relatively mildly, I'm hoping it can go hard-core....

EELS TRIVIA # 1

Who was the player that limed off in the early stages of a Grand Final Winning match??
What was the year??

1986, just before Half time, he was hit high in a tackle by Andrew Farrar (funnily enough i had a chat to Farrer tonight..lol)

I watched the 86 GF in full the other day.

Seriously one of the WORST tackles ever...just sickening. I do not know how Mick got up.

10 seconds later Bert was ripped off of what would have been the greatest ever GF try.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I watched the 86 GF in full the other day.

Seriously one of the WORST tackles ever...just sickening. I do not know how Mick got up.

10 seconds later Bert was ripped off of what would have been the greatest ever GF try.

that was definitely a send off offense, Delroy didn't move for about 5 minutes.

tbh, I'm sure Kenny's tries would of been disalloed if it went to a video ref, the first one he appears to have lost control in the last second and the second was a double movement, he probably should of given the ball to Leabeater who would of only had to catch it and run 5 metres.

tbh, I'm sure Kenny's tries would of been disalloed if it went to a video ref, the first one he appears to have lost control in the last second and the second was a double movement, he probably should of given the ball to Leabeater who would of only had to catch it and run 5 metres.

Really?? I reckon they would be giving the first one in the current game.

I hope you put that fu*ker into virtual "touch" for revenge!! ;-)

bartman

Immortal
Cheers Stags.

It looked a pre-meditated tactic. I think Ellery Hanley was taken out of a game a week or two before by the same team if not player...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Cheers Stags.

It looked a pre-meditated tactic. I think Ellery Hanley was taken out of a game a week or two before by the same team if not player...

nah! I think you meant 88 gf and it was terry Lamb on that occasion.

Parra Future

Juniors
Hanley got knocked stone cold out in the 88 or 89 grand final. No, for sure it was 88. Against the Doggies. Mr Lamb did not miss. Ben Elias years later said that if he could have gone back in time and said one thing to Hanley it would have been "Duck".

jono

Juniors
doggies were certainly the best in the business at it

Yeah , anyone remember the Anzac Day 1986 match , SCG Bullies v Souths. Dogs kick-off , I think Ross Harrington takes it up to the 20 yard line then WHOOSHKA , Peter Kelly tries to put his head into Randwick Racecourse . 26 seconds , and Kelly's OFF
I was there and had to LOL @ Kelly ,although felt sorry for the winger.
(What galls me is that the dogs still won 26-2)

noosa-eel

Juniors
Wasn't that the game that when Delroy did finally get up he played the ball the wrong way and a couple of eels players tried to tell him he was standing facing the wrong goal line and he tried to push them out of the way to play the ball...........:crazy:

Bigfella

Coach

I think he was concerned that Terry wasn't a member of the leagues club and wasn't sure the try would count ...