What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eels v newtown prem. league

1eyedeel

Juniors
eelavation said:
Hauraki ended up playing both Paolo and Tsolous pulled out.

Who was in the 8 that scored the try, Eela? I thought that was a pretty shaggy hair cut for JT! And who was the other starting prop then?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tualima had a great game in PL...just about cemented a spot, Mase goes very well ands could turn out to be a very buy for club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
filthy_spammers said:
Who was in the 8 that scored the try, Eela? I thought that was a pretty shaggy hair cut for JT! And who was the other starting prop then?

that was Aaron Wood champ..

eelavation said:
I was just telling Delboy while watching him that he's just too good for flegg, the coaching staff will have to bite the bullet sooner rather than later and put him up, but this may be an issue the cap.

You noticed that when he scored his first try, he actually took a wrong option and went himself instead of passing to the winger to stroll over?? him, Jonathon Wright and Fereni Moefauo will cause carneige non that left side if they keep them together.

Yeah he should have passed the ball, But when you can walk over 5 people to the try line... why risk the pass;-) . Seriously, He did make up for it in the 2nd half by passing the ball and setting up the winger, he could of gone himself but was unselfish.

The Colonel said:
Mase Laulu Togagae and Taulima Tautai?

Thought all four lower grade centres played well. Johnathan Wright played great and got a spot oh the PL bench and James Grehan was quite solid.

Yeah Togagae is a Willie Tonga Clone with the way he runs... very impressed. We know hoe to breed some good 3/4.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Yeah he should have passed the ball, But when you can walk over 5 people to the try line... why risk the pass;-) . Seriously, He did make up for it in the 2nd half by passing the ball and setting up the winger, he could of gone himself but was unselfish.

where would you put him centre or second row?? to be fairdinkum he can play either position in a pinch can't he?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Yeah Togagae is a Willie Tonga Clone with the way he runs... very impressed. We know hoe to breed some good 3/4.

tbh he actually reminds me of Justin Hodges.

Kornstar

Coach
Flegg look so much better this year, in the second half when we put alot of the "depth" for this year in, we were ordinary, however the top team is very, very talented. Justin Hunt is one big half isn't he? When he was running on to replace Keating i was thinking he was a forward, then when he started playing i was amazed, he wasn't bad either........Nathan Campbell was terrible and how small in Montinelli??????

Tony Williams is a freak and i love to watch him play, and we better not see him starting on the bench in Flegg this year either!!!!!!

Blake Green was outstanding tonight, i wasn't too impressed by Maloney, but he was ok. Taia was great.

The Colonel

Immortal
Maloney's goal kicking was impressive. ;-) To be honest he looked better tonight than he has over past weeks that I have seen. Hodkinson will pressure him for the PL role I think.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nathan Campbell was ordinary and it does appear that Luke Montinelli has the same role that James Boustani had last year...good little player but size will be a big issue for him if he is to persue a fulltime career in the game in the future.

I think we saw of the old Kris Keating as well... running and stepping. He looked threatening every time he took the line on. And Hodgkinson played very well too.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Maloney's goal kicking was impressive. ;-) To be honest he looked better tonight than he has over past weeks that I have seen. Hodkinson will pressure him for the PL role I think.

he does well when he attacks the line and the last try he set up for Woodsy was pretty classy.

yep much better this arvo.

eelavation said:
Nathan Campbell was ordinary and it does appear that Luke Montinelli has the same role that James Boustani had last year...good little player but size will be a big issue for him if he is to persue a fulltime career in the game in the future.

Where is Boustani....speaking of Talent. Dont tell me he has left us.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
I think we saw of the old Kris Keating as well... running and stepping. He looked threatening every time he took the line on. And Hodgkinson played very well too.

mate he's playing five-eight and not lock. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Where is Boustani....speaking of Talent. Dont tell me he has left us.

I think it was a case of him being too old for Flegg and wasn't offered a contract in the part time squad.

parra pete

Referee
Jake the snake said:

Mase is a good player according to my mate at Souths Logan. His problem, it seems, is his ego.
He rang me this morning and said the Raiders looked very very good..
Don't believe everything you hear about Canberra. They have a GOOD coach and some very good young players.
I'm going to take the long odds at present on offer about them making the eight...

Latest posts