What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eels v newtown prem. league

parra pete said:
Mase is a good player according to my mate at Souths Logan. His problem, it seems, is his ego.
He rang me this morning and said the Raiders looked very very good..
Don't believe everything you hear about Canberra. They have a GOOD coach and some very good young players.
I'm going to take the long odds at present on offer about them making the eight...

He has very good footwork.

caylo

Bench
eelavation said:
Tannous is apparently the quickest in the club...

Tony Williams is God!!! the kid is a freak.

yer he is quick, i went to school with him... but don't think he will make it to far to be honest, he drops the ball when ever you get in his face, a in your face defencive team like the dogs would have him for breaky, other than that great judge of the ball, possitional play, skill, he has the talent, but i don't believe his got the temperment to play the NRL. He was dropping ball in C grade last year when we used that tatic on him.
Honest judgment of him, and I went to school, watched and played with him.

caylo said:
yer he is quick, i went to school with him... but don't think he will make it to far to be honest, he drops the ball when ever you get in his face, a in your face defencive team like the dogs would have him for breaky, other than that great judge of the ball, possitional play, skill, he has the talent, but i don't believe his got the temperment to play the NRL. He was dropping ball in C grade last year when we used that tatic on him.
Honest judgment of him, and I went to school, watched and played with him.

Yeah there is still a big question mark over him. Yesterday was the 1st time I've seen him actually play well and I've seen him play since Mathews. He did some good things.

I thought Zac Russ in number 21 ( if that was him) looked like he could break the line on occasions.

caylo

Bench
Jake the snake said:
Yeah there is still a big question mark over him. Yesterday was the 1st time I've seen him actually play well and I've seen him play since Mathews. He did some good things.

I thought Zac Russ in number 21 ( if that was him) looked like he could break the line on occasions.

yer last year was uncharacteristic of him, he got injured and the lost alot of confidence, so didnt get a contract with parramatta and was sent to play C grade, played well, i assume because his back in now. He has alot of talent just needs to fix his handling and he would be preety complete. He is a good player in his own right, i can just see him getting absolutly targetted. It very odd to, he is excelent under the high ball, but when you put it on his chest in traffic it will go down, almost everytime. Russ, heard great things about him, and Luke Mortanelli, i also know him, very talented, is a strong defender, PJ like, i dunno if he will make it in the top grade. He is not similar to Bustani (who ive also played with) in my opinnion. Two completely different types of players, plus Bustani is about 2 lukes size. Cam Speachly is the best talent i have ever seen, only 18, has al the skill, kicking passing, running, converts, his step and swirve are very lockyer like ranther than a big flurish like benji or hunt. Out of those 4, bustani i dont think has much chance in the top grade, he is 20-21 already, and by the time he makes it he could be 24-25, and might see him later on as a mr fix it off the bench(he can play anywhere in the back line realy). Luke and Cam are very skilled (esp Cam) but it to hard to tell how well they will go, at there age some players are in the top grade, i dunno they are the best chance i would say. And then Nathan Tannous, i can see him working on his game and becoming a star, and i can see him not, is a bad boy type attitude, and gets caught up in stuff, if he has the work ethic he'll make it, does he have the work ethic is another question

HayneHindi

Juniors
I came early to watch the early games to see what talent we have. I was quite impressed with a number of players but the most I enjoyed watching was Tony Williams. How old is he and how long has he signed with us for. I think he should be in premier league and I don't think he will be long out of first grade if he can perform like that every match.

Stagger eel

Staff member
HayneHindi said:
I came early to watch the early games to see what talent we have. I was quite impressed with a number of players but the most I enjoyed watching was Tony Williams. How old is he and how long has he signed with us for. I think he should be in premier league and I don't think he will be long out of first grade if he can perform like that every match.

I think he's only 18 and is contracted till the end of 08.

caylo

Bench
Yer Tony Williams (who i havnt seen) has alot of talk ala Hindmarsh, If he is the real deal along with taia, hauraki, and mateo, we will have a brutal forward pack after hindy, and cayless leave. We should kept them all, and with guys like Inu, Lett, Hayne and blake, should have a well balanced team for the future if we kept them all, which we should. plus add timmy, tsulous, cordoba, fa'aoso, who are fairly young, we could realy dominate with years to come.

Stagger eel

Staff member
caylo said:
Yer Tony Williams (who i havnt seen) has alot of talk ala Hindmarsh, If he is the real deal along with taia, hauraki, and mateo, we will have a brutal forward pack after hindy, and cayless leave. We should kept them all, and with guys like Inu, Lett, Hayne and blake, should have a well balanced team for the future if we kept them all, which we should. plus add timmy, tsulous, cordoba, fa'aoso, who are fairly young, we could realy dominate with years to come.

you can bet your bottom doller that not all of them will be around in a few year as the NRL does have a rather large rvolving door around clubs.

Latest posts