What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V. Raiders *live scores*

PARRA_FAN

Coach
How the Sharks are still on 24 points I will never know, the way theyre playing atm I dont theyve got any chance.

Just saw the end of the match, we didnt make many breaks but still looked dangerous at times, it was just the defence of Canberra.

Im confident next week, since its at home and we lost today. But NO WAY should we take this game lightly, even though the Knights are coming last theyve still got a few good players in the team, Johns, Buderus, Simpson, Newton.

BD5733

Juniors
wittyz chick said:
-----------------------------------------
Leagueunlimited.com players of the match:
3 - P Graham (Raiders)
2 - C Schifcofske (Raiders)
1 - J Smith (Raiders)

Whoever gave Phil Graham 3 points should hang their head in shame.

Granted he scored 2 tries, 1 off an intercept and 1 was just a catch and put down.

Other than that, he ran the ball a couple of times made 5 tackles and missed 6.

Macca_

Coach
Haven't had a read through, just finished watching on FOX.

We were poor today simple as that. Most of the team had below par performances... Hats off to Canberra for doing the job, but it wasn't a hard job to do. Hate to think what the Broncs would have done.

Positives... Second place well and truly up for grabs, it's ours if we want it. The lads will be fired up for next weekend going into the bye the week later. Newcastle won't be easy, but we'll be to strong on the rebound.

Brush it off people, not our day today.

Macca_

scottyeel

Bench
BD5733 said:
Whoever gave Phil Graham 3 points should hang their head in shame.

Granted he scored 2 tries, 1 off an intercept and 1 was just a catch and put down.

Other than that, he ran the ball a couple of times made 5 tackles and missed 6.
Jason Croker was their best player, their forwards dominated ours. All the points should be going to them.

C R A P !
That was a very poor effort, hindy can hold his head up but the rest were not up to scratch.
I know we lost Sideshow early and Morrison copped a head knock, but we were never in the game. Was there any tactics? Didn'y look like we had a game plan.
Better improve for the KNights next week or Johns will walk all over us.

Avenger

Immortal
Hey Macca

I did not watch the game. Could you please tell me who was our best. I have a feeling that Tim Smith is playing a little down at the moment? True?

Macca_

Coach
Their speed guys on the fringes really caught us out today. We looked flat in defence and players like Graham cut us open a few times. We also made a lot of dumb decisions (like passes etc) and gave away a few silly penalties which hurt.

We'll bounce back.

Macca_

Macca_

Coach
Avenger it's hard to say who our best was really. Hindy was most likely. After that, well its a lottery... Stringer and Caylo were strong... Tahu had a fair game as did PJ I guess. Tim didn't have a bad game, went ok for mine... The cattle around him were just below par.

Ease up parra-matter :D. We were poor today, but that happens in footy. Just look back at the last couple of months and what we are capable off. Today was, well just one of those off days you get.

Macca_

Avenger

Immortal
Macca it may sound stupid but I am glad we lost today. I think the boys have been reading about the Parra hype. We needed this loss to refocus on the job at hand. I would be more then happy if we finished second. Our success will bedetermined by who finishes seventh. I do not want the Dogs.

Macca_

Coach
Avenger said:
Macca it may sound stupid but I am glad we lost today. I think the boys have been reading about the Parra hype. We needed this loss to refocus on the job at hand. I would be more then happy if we finished second.

I'm not going to go as far to say I'm glad we lost, but I'm not overally disappointed like I normally would be. We were poor, didn't didn't deserve to win and didn't really look like it...

We still should finish 2nd and it's 3 wins needed from there...

Macca_

Kornstar

Coach
Timmy did nothing wrong today, he got three try assists, you don't get that if you play poorly, Johns got 4 last night and Newcastle lost and Johns played played outstanding!!!

We just couldn't match their enthusiasm and Brian made a MASSIVE mistake with only having 1 front rower on the bench!!! Peek should have been there and when Petersen went off Widders couls have played centre and B.Smith could have playes wing, we did not need to have a back on the bench!!!! In a game like that were there were going to be mistakes another good defender like Peek would have been a help!!

We were terrible, Canberra were better. We need to be better next week or Johns will destroy us!!!!!

Macca_

Coach
Korn I felt the extra back on the bench was to try and run the Raiders all over the shop. We threw the ball around a lot in the opening exchanges. The plan then went out the window to a certain extent when we had Peterson go down.

In hindsight though, it probably was a poor call, if that's what it was intended for.

Macca_

Kornstar

Coach
As soon as i saw that Mckinnon was on the bench i blew up, even when Petersen got injured i still thought it was the wrong decision. However, i don't really mind that we lost cause i thought we would lose this game as we are terrible down there, glad it is behind us and am looking forward to going next week and watching Timmy show up Johns!!!!

Latest posts