What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V. Storm: Live Game Thread

Proud of the effort but simply not good enough. We never play for 80 mins - we had them and didn't put the foot down.

And Mark Warren.......I will post my thoughts in the other thread.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think that Roberts may be our hooker and turn into a cheap version of Isaac Luke. Someone like Seage could end up being our 6. I just think Hayne will go back there.

As they were saying on the tv tonighT the difference between Hayne at fullBACK and 5/8 is;

- at 5/8 he plays like a ball player but also needs to make a lot of tackles each game
- but aT fullback he can play like a ball player but instead of all the tackling he needs to do at 5/8, we have the benefit of his running game at the back.

easy decision i RECKON

Kornstar

Coach
That will be good then...... the board and coach will have a further 12 months of excuses for when we struggle as we are adapting to a new 6, 7 and 9. Perfect.

It is the people in here that will get the most pleasure, then they can say that it is still a rebuilding year......

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
As they were saying on the tv tonighT the difference between Hayne at fullBACK and 5/8 is;

- at 5/8 he plays like a ball player but also needs to make a lot of tackles each game
- but aT fullback he can play like a ball player but instead of all the tackling he needs to do at 5/8, we have the benefit of his running game at the back.

easy decision i RECKON

If Hayne goes to the back he has to play as a fullback and not in the line at second receiver. Haynes biggest asset is his running game.

Eels Dude

Coach
Good effort by the boys., just got beaten by a better side. Happy to get within four of one of the premiership favorites. All the Eels gave 100%, for all the whnigers out there complaining about tonight and blaming the boys for a lack of effort and Kearney can't coach and the club is ramble - jjust remember this Storm has now won 9 in row which shows how good they are.

Gee Cronk, Smith show how good a side can be with just a good kicking game. Plus gee I would love the eels to have some backs with the speed of the storms backs

Hopefully the Storm are prepared for the rematch next year when we have;

- a half back with speed and good kicking game
- 2 centres which are not backrowers
- and hopefully a least a winger with speed

I don't think anyone is criticizing the effort mate... moreso questioning how we keep losing losing games when we're in the boxseat to win. Sandow is going to add, but he comes from a club where the problem is the same. So does Roberts. Speed isn't the difference, even though it would help if we had centres in the centres as opposed to backrowers.

Chipmunk

Coach

easy decision i RECKON

Our attack is too easy to stop with Hayne at 6, mainly because he only plays on the left side. We dont really have any other attacking options that dont involve Hayne so when you only have to concentrate your defence in one half of the field it makes things a bit easier!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It is the people in here that will get the most pleasure, then they can say that it is still a rebuilding year......

Who's going to say that? I expect us to make the 8 next year.

I think you're overestimating how long it takes to adapt to new players, even the ones who handle the ball a lot.

We'll make the 8 next year despite having new halves but in 2013 we'll finish top 4.

Chipmunk

Coach
We had a 9 to 4 penalty count lead, and we still walk out with our tails between our legs. Yes we may have been up by 18 but the question here is were parra that good or melbourne that poor?

11 to 4 penalty count our way. 7-1 in the second half and we lose the second half 22-10

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon round 26 could literally be the battle for the spoon.

That's quite exciting. It'll be like the finals starting a week early.

Kornstar

Coach
Who's going to say that? I expect us to make the 8 next year.

I think you're overestimating how long it takes to adapt to new players, even the ones who handle the ball a lot.

We'll make the 8 next year despite having new halves but in 2013 we'll finish top 4.

I know exactly how long it takes for players to gel, i have been watching footy for a long time and i've watched us struggle for 20+ years since we lost Kenny and Sterling!

If Hayne thinks he will eventually be a 5/8th and we think Sandow will be long term, then we NEED to put Hayne there next year and let him take a backseat to Sandow and learn his trade!

Roberts is not good enough at 5/8th imo, so if Hayne will be a 5/8th in the future, stick him there now and stay there......