What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EELS V TIGERS

Eels Dude

Coach
Poor side. I would of thought Mateo and Smith did enough to keep their spots. Witt should be there ahead of with Thorman.

Y2Eel

First Grade
thorman took charge thats why he is there... witt needs to lead the team more and get more involved...

bartman

Immortal
Where's the Fuimonster?!
And like everyone I thought Mateo and Smith would get more than one game up.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Y2Eel said:
thorman took charge thats why he is there... witt needs to lead the team more and get more involved...

Witt was our best player against the Roosters and the Cowboys, then gets dropped, thats what I cant work out, Thorman's kicking game is a bit ordinary. I mean chipping over the top 30m in your half, and kicking a long range field goal which ends up in the hands of Billy Slater is not the way to go.

Y2Eel

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
Y2Eel said:

Witt was our best player against the Roosters and the Cowboys, then gets dropped, thats what I cant work out, Thorman's kicking game is a bit ordinary. I mean chipping over the top 30m in your half, and kicking a long range field goal which ends up in the hands of Billy Slater is not the way to go.

against the rooster witt put up 3 great bombs.... and what did he do well against the cowboys we sucked that game... he needs to take more charge hindmarsh even said it in rl week...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
In the Cowboys, Witt at least passed the ball out wide, kicked it deep. He was quiet in the second half because they either made a mistake before he took control, or ran out of options. Witt's more dangerous controlling the game with the pressure taken off him. He needs a decent 5/8.

strider

Post Whore
Our forwards won the game against teh Roosters - Witt just stood back and put up bombs....and Witty did nothing against the Cowboys.

Thorman has defensive brain explosions and sometimes does silly things on early tackles in attack, but he looks more dangerous than Witty.

bartman

Immortal
This weekend is the last chance Smith has of assessing Throman before having to make a decision on his option for next year. Needs to see if he's someone he wants in the 25 man squad for next year, otherwise Thorman gets to negotiate after July 31.

Hurriflatch

Referee
eels2win said:
hehehe... who was talking about the 3 baldies lining up together in the front row of the scrum?

That would be me

GO YOU BALDIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta be an omen there was a horse in a race in melbourne called "baldheadedgentlemen" should've put some money on it, can't remember if it one tho.

I'm expecting a few changes, especially if Langi hasn't fully recovered.

Thorman had a strong enough game to retain his spot but I thought that Ben Smith and Mateo also had strong enough games.

PB

Bench
There will be some slight changes, but as far as the club is concerned, mathamatically we can still make the finals, so they have to name their best team rather than continue to blood youngsters (even though i think Ben SMith should have been there since Freshy went down.

There is also the point to consider that some players need to make sure they are qualified for Premier League and Jersey Flegg finals teams respectively.

bartman

Immortal
bartman said:
This weekend is the last chance Smith has of assessing Throman before having to make a decision on his option for next year. Needs to see if he's someone he wants in the 25 man squad for next year, otherwise Thorman gets to negotiate after July 31.

Cancel that entire statement now, obviously :?

Latest posts