What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eels vs warriors

Hurriflatch

Referee
Team I'd go with for next week

1. Luke Burt
2. Etu Uaisele
3. Joel Reddy
4. Taulima Tautai
5. Eric Grothe
6. Brett Finch
7. Tim Smith
8. Nathan Cayless (C)
9. Mark Riddell
10. Josh Cordoba
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Weller Hauraki
13. Feleti Mateo

14. Matt Keating
15. Joe Galuvao
16. Fuifui Moimoi
17. Junior Paulo
18. Daniel Wagon

I'd even be tempted to bring in Iwi Hauraki for Grothe

big boppa eel

Juniors
Had to have a laugh late in the game when Lowrie got the ball and looked around and had no idea what to do, even my wife was laughing , he should be dropped along with Galauvo and Wagon who unfortunatly has seen better days.

parra-matters said:
I don't think any of the 3 kings cross shooters deserved to be picked next week.
don't you mean kings cross shootees? :lol:
not that you can single them out apart from burt the whole team was firing blanks

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Y2Eel said:
Giving the warriors way too much ball in our 20 at the start of the second half ruined our chances to win...

100% correct. Cant blame one or 2 players, all had shockers. But the Warriors defence was wonderful. They put great preasure on our players.

Only players that can escape all critisism is Mateo, Riddell and Burt. Although I thought that Burt went missing a bit.

With a near full strength team for the Knights this friday, I expect a big turn around.

I hope people dont look into this match to much, it was a bad day for the whole team. NOT JUST FINCH, GROTHE AND LOWRIE.

1 Eyed TEZZA said:
100% correct. Cant blame one or 2 players, all had shockers. But the Warriors defence was wonderful. They put great preasure on our players.

Only players that can escape all critisism is Mateo, Riddell and Burt. Although I thought that Burt went missing a bit.

With a near full strength team for the Knights this friday, I expect a big turn around.

I hope people dont look into this match to much, it was a bad day for the whole team. NOT JUST FINCH, GROTHE AND LOWRIE.
a good point maybe the bulldogs didnt pressure finch last week so he had plenty of time and space to work with & as soon as the warriors sent some players his way it was a different story ok he made some mistakes but you could put that down to frustration & trying to win the game by himself god knows the forwards didnt care about winning it

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I dont think Finch can be blamed for to much as Tim Smith would have had a similar thing happen to him to.

Last week in the 2nd half, our forwards got quick play the balls which resulted in Riddell/M.Keating getting quick ball to Finch which gave him time to take on the Bulldogs line which was still retreating and test the defence.

Yesterday, the Warriors controled the ruck which resulted in slow play the ball from the forward which resulted in slow ball from Riddell/M.Keating to Finch who had the defence line in his face and in the face of almost anyone around him. Thing is, the Warriors defence behind the ruck was terrible as Mateo and Burt were causing havoc there and at times so were Riddell and M.Keating. Notice as when our backs did a little scoot out of dummy half or when M.Keating threw dummies from behind the ruck, he found holes? Its because the defence line was up waiting to preasure Finch. Simple really, MITS is right when Timmy comes back, we will have 3 points of attack, not 2 + Burt aswell.

Not saying Tim Smith will save us, but our style of play will change dramatically. Timmy will take control and result in a more structured attack, but also watch for more Finch bashing as he will be standing on Timmys toes again.

Latest posts