What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels warned they'll be binned for dissent

tresurehunt

Juniors
im jumping on the gus gould bandwagon,i reckon its time to sack robert finch and piss off bill harrigan ,and employ someone who has actually played the game.

carpe

Juniors
NRL refs are soft chicken. They also have "God Syndrome". They think whetever they do or say is a psalm. They should see soccer league in other countries. The refs are terrific. The crowd gives them plenty yet they never whinge.
These refs are pampered bunch.

i thought the refs did a pretty bad job on sunday, there were a lot of forward passes missed from both teams and both teams were inside the 10mtrs all day, some of the play the balls were ordinary at best.
But in saying all that it was a great game to watch.

mickdo

Coach
i thought the refs did a pretty bad job on sunday, there were a lot of forward passes missed from both teams and both teams were inside the 10mtrs all day, some of the play the balls were ordinary at best.
But in saying all that it was a great game to watch.

See that's just it. Missing the forward passes for both teams doesn't bother me as at least it was consistent. But the penalties against us in the ruck, and not receiving a SINGLE one when the Dragons were infringing in the ruck all frigging day is just not good enough.

CONSISTENCY!!!!!!

84 Baby

Referee
also, the stains fans need to stop booing on every set of six that they are attacking if they think they will be a chance of getting a crowd penalty.
They always have and always will. Worst home crowd in league. Fans are meant to cheer their team on, not just go and boo for 80 minutes straight in the hope of a penalty.

im jumping on the gus gould bandwagon,i reckon its time to sack robert finch and piss off bill harrigan ,and employ someone who has actually played the game.
Speaking of people with God Syndrome. Biggest ego in league

tresurehunt

Juniors
They always have and always will. Worst home crowd in league. Fans are meant to cheer their team on, not just go and boo for 80 minutes straight in the hope of a penalty.

Speaking of people with God Syndrome. Biggest ego in league

maybe, but one of the smartest too.

strider

Post Whore
also, the stains fans need to stop booing on every set of six that they are attacking if they think they will be a chance of getting a crowd penalty.

this is actually becoming a real "pet hate" of mine .... and its definitely not just one team's fans - ALL teams fan's seem to do it, ibluding parra .... the home crowds just boo constantly EVERY time their team gets the ball in their own half in an attempt to try and milk a penalty .... I actually think its really poor for the game and probably shows some disrespect for the game from the fans - it irks me :x ..... by all means if there are particular cases in a game, yell and boo, but not every set of 6

On Harrigan:

To me the guy is a walking joke, who enjoys being a parody of all that is publically maligned about himself.

I saw it mentioned on this thread, about him saying to the effect on the Footy Show that he always gets things right.

I heard on the radio Warren Ryan talk about once questioning him about the particular rule he was invoking on a penalty he once gave, of which he couldn't give an answer for. Apparently Warren pushed him on it, and Harrigan's reported reply was "well if its not a rule, it should be one".

And the most irksome for me, was his "adjudicator" role on that recent Ch 7 rehash of that Gladiator/It's a Knockout Style show, of whose name currently escapes me.

I saw this d*ckhead deliberately playing the arrogant, single-minded hard-arse, hamming it up for the cameras; seemingly enjoying playing up to the negative stereotype he has created for himself.

Is this the type of level-headed personality you can trust to not only objectively adjudicate on Rugby League games, but also take constructive criticism well?

To me, the answer is an obvious one.

born an eel

Bench
I hope he sent a letter to his son as well as I remember vision of him going off a decision on the weekend.

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
Jarryd is nothing like Justin Hodges and he get's away with it every week. He should be seeing the inside of the bin every week.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is this Finch for real????? Him and his refs every week stuff up deluxe on the field and up in the box and this is the crap we hear???? FMD what a joke:crazy:

Latest posts