What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Effect of losing Independent Directors

joshreading

Staff member
What will be the effect of losing the independent directors especially Gerry Ryan on the club.

Gerry Ryan was thought of as a potential owner, he stood in the sponsorship gap when others left now (though I believe he and the other directors did what was right by the supporters and sponsors)

Would you want to be involved with News and our Club by default when you have stood for the club in the way he has?

simostorm

Bench
There was a article about him in the paper the other day.. about how he said he still loves the Storm and he will go on and be a supporter of the club.

Cant remem the rest. Last saturdays Herald Sun i think it was in.

StormChaser

First Grade
I know he said he'll still love the Storm etc, but after everything that's gone down, who could blame him for walking away?

simostorm

Bench
yea.. with him gettin removed from his position which ended there court battle, the only way i see him gettin back onto the board or involvement like that would be if he bought the Storm himself, and News Ltd dropped out.

MsStorm

Bench
Gerry Ryan was contemplating buying the Storm at one stage.

There's a chance that still may happen further down the track.

bfoord

Juniors
If the Storm directors had have worried about getting their team in order for 2011, instead of suing the NRL, then the Storm would have probably been able to keep Justin O'Neill a lot cheaper as he hadn't played first grade yet. now he has the dogs and rooster interested him and are reportedly offering him about 140k a year.

joshreading

Staff member
Your ignorance Bfoord shows. The Storm were told they were NOT ALLOWED to negotiate with any players regarding contracts etc until the investigation was over.

Latest posts