What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eligibilty thread

DC_fan

Coach
If you look upon yourself as being a globalist then which country do you represent? Maybe they need to create a team for them.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Well what is the point? He’s not even suspended NZ just chose not to select him, that’s on them.

so lets see if I qualify for anyone else ?
anyone
anyone at all ?

yeah
that'll boost the legitimacy of this event won't it

Pommy

Coach
so lets see if I qualify for anyone else ?
anyone
anyone at all ?

yeah
that'll boost the legitimacy of this event won't it

The original poster was complaining about Scotland looking to see if he was eligable despite NZ choosing not to.

No idea why your ranting on about other countries now.

Raiderdave

First Grade
The original poster was complaining about Scotland looking to see if he was eligable despite NZ choosing not to.

No idea why your ranting on about other countries now.

im ranting about individuals
Proctor
a proud kiwi

hmmmmm
maybe not , such is the state of international RL

Perth Red

Post Whore
Grandparent rule and residency rule. I don't have a problem with either. They are stricter than many sports, including union and Olympics who happen to have bigger events than us so I very much doubt this is anything like the real issue why the RLWC can't sell out stadiums.

hutch

First Grade
yeah
I'll tell Jarrad Hayne is isn't a Fijian
he'll be devasated
I'll also tell Andrew Fifita hes not Tongan , I'll have the audacity to suggest they're both Australian to their faces. I know they'll be shocked but .. ah well , someones gotta tell em.

You would be wrong then. Jarryd Hayne is Fijian, Andrew Fifita is Tongan. You can suggest to them that they are Australian and they will agree with you. It’s 2017, people have allegiances to more than one country.

Raiderdave

First Grade
You would be wrong then. Jarryd Hayne is Fijian, Andrew Fifita is Tongan. You can suggest to them that they are Australian and they will agree with you. It’s 2017, people have allegiances to more than one country.

hahahaha
oh dear god .....

Basil

Juniors

and of course with modern lefty identity politics you don't actually have to be Fijian or Tongan to identify as such, so I reckon it is about time the eligibility rules in ALL sports, not just league were updated to reflect this reality (as is already being done for blokes who think they're sheilas!)

hutch

First Grade
and of course with modern lefty identity politics you don't actually have to be Fijian or Tongan to identify as such, so I reckon it is about time the eligibility rules in ALL sports, not just league were updated to reflect this reality (as is already being done for blokes who think they're sheilas!)

It has absolutely nothing to do with politics, or left v right! Why do people always try and tell other people what they should or shouldn’t be, or what they should or shouldn’t feel?
It’s players with generations of family history from a certain country representing that history and culture. Why do people have a problem with this? It’s 2017.

Matua

Bench
https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/...d-kiwi-kevin-proctors-scottish-switch-attempt

And this is why many Kiwi supporters are calling the RLWC a joke. While he didn't qualify for Scotland, the fact they were willing to accommodate him if he did qualify is pathetic....little wonder there is no domestic comp in Scotland.
I would have had no problem with him playing for Scotland if he had been found to be eligible.

It is idiotic that Bromwich especially and Proctor aren't able to represent the Kiwis when there are two players in the team convicted of assault. The punishment was out of proportion to the incident and the Kiwis are suffering for it.

I would have had no problem with him playing for Scotland if he had been found to be eligible.

It is idiotic that Bromwich especially and Proctor aren't able to represent the Kiwis when there are two players in the team convicted of assault. The punishment was out of proportion to the incident and the Kiwis are suffering for it.

No it's idiotic of Proctor to want to play for Scotland after being banned from the Kiwis. It shows he doesn't have any remorse or guilt of his wrong doing. The players convicted of assault served their time and are actually better human beings and role models for men who can change their lives around. Proctor is not setting a good example at all. Disrespecting the Kiwi's jumper, coaches & fans with his crap.

Matua

Bench
No it's idiotic of Proctor to want to play for Scotland after being banned from the Kiwis. It shows he doesn't have any remorse or guilt of his wrong doing. The players convicted of assault served their time and are actually better human beings and role models for men who can change their lives around. Proctor is not setting a good example at all. Disrespecting the Kiwi's jumper, coaches & fans with his crap.
Rubbish, he was out on the drink and bought some coke - proportionality. Thats a two match ban at best, and then when he returned you could have say how he served his time and is a good role model for men.

Rubbish, he was out on the drink and bought some coke - proportionality. Thats a two match ban at best, and then when he returned you could have say how he served his time and is a good role model for men.

No the only rubbish is the shit they snorted up their hooters mate. I respect the jersey and the Kiwis Team. They didn't. Setting the bar for professionalism is key here. You suffer the consequences for making the wrong choice. It has to hurt them to get it through their stupid heads that they need to think about it good and hard. I don't know what your problem is with this. If you think this was a one off for them think again. Coke use is used quite a lot with many NRL players and athletes out there because it can leave the system pretty fast compared to other substances for recreational use. If they did it privately or with more class by not getting snapped on CCTV or phone footage then this would of been no issue. But they brought on shame to our beloved Kiwis and that cannot be tolerated.

Any way your moaning is NOT being listened to. Kidwell has put them in their right place and if they want this Jersey back then they do their best to overcome their bad choices. We got some good players making a claim for their numbers now. They best do the right thing or else Ka Kite International Career in a Kiwis Jumper.

kdalymc

Bench
If I was born in USA, moved here at 3, played all my junior footy here, my mum was from Samoa, my dad from Tonga’s, my nan from Ireland and pop from Scotland, and the other nan and pop from
Wales and England. Could I play for any of these 8? Possible to have more?

Latest posts