What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elijah Taylor Signs

BrotherJim05

Bench
if true, it's no wonder they said yes.

Why have we given Cherrington away?

My thoughts are that Farah has told the tigers that he is well and truly staying put. With Farah and Ballin on the books Cherrington is probably getting itchy feet.

I've been hearing a lot about Liddle in the U20s. Maybe club thinks he will be ready by 2018.

I hope Cherrington stays though and this is just a rumour

BrotherJim05

Bench
Bloody fantastic signing. My team when everyone is fit:

Tedesco
Nofo
Naiqama
Simona
JAC
Rankin
Brooks or Moses (let them battle for the spot)
Woods
Farah
Grant
Lawrence
Sironen
Taylor

Sue (he plays better at prop and we need spark off bench)
Big Ava
Aloai
Halutau or Ballin

magpie guy

Juniors
Bloody fantastic signing. My team when everyone is fit:

Tedesco
Nofo
Naiqama
Simona
JAC
Rankin
Brooks or Moses (let them battle for the spot)
Woods
Farah
Grant
Lawrence
Sironen
Taylor

Sue (he plays better at prop and we need spark off bench)
Big Ava
Aloai
Halutau or Ballin

That looks a much better side. Would still need Sironen to step up and preferably someone better off the bench than Halatau/Ballin (who are honestly just depth players).

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
My thoughts are that Farah has told the tigers that he is well and truly staying put. With Farah and Ballin on the books Cherrington is probably getting itchy feet.

I've been hearing a lot about Liddle in the U20s. Maybe club thinks he will be ready by 2018.

I hope Cherrington stays though and this is just a rumour
Even if Farah stay, it's only for one more year. Cherrington has 10 years in him at least.

This is the one thing I was worried about when we signed Ballin.

gordsy

Juniors
Re Cherrington I hope it's a deal for next year and we're not stupid enough to release him immediately.

I'm guessing we'll have ballin and liddle once Robbie goes then Liddle will take over full time. I don't like it as I don't think we have the pack to play a style of footy where Ballin fills the role of tackling machine when Liddle is on

Tiger05

First Grade
Even if Farah stay, it's only for one more year. Cherrington has 10 years in him at least.

This is the one thing I was worried about when we signed Ballin.

Yep. Ballin was a stupid signing. Let's wait and see how this plays out though. Cherrington may stay.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Guys, if there is any truth to "the second tier cap is preventing us from promoting from lower grades" then this chap wont see any first grade this year......

Either that or the club is lying to us......

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Guys, if there is any truth to "the second tier cap is preventing us from promoting from lower grades" then this chap wont see any first grade this year......

In fairness, the club hasn't said that, it was an unsourced assertion in a newspaper article. It would be useful if someone asked Pascoe for a direct answer.

Tiger05

First Grade

I think that was a made up article. Another Journo special.

Tigerm

First Grade
Re Cherrington I hope it's a deal for next year and we're not stupid enough to release him immediately.

I'm guessing we'll have ballin and liddle once Robbie goes then Liddle will take over full time. I don't like it as I don't think we have the pack to play a style of footy where Ballin fills the role of tackling machine when Liddle is on

Farah may not go at the end of next season?

Re Cherrington
I was just talking to a good friend, a Tigers tragic who had heard about Cherrington.

He made a very good comment along the line of, go back 3 or 4 years and look at all of the players that the Tigers have released, tell me who are the regulars 1st graders.

Interesting and I could come up with Marika Koroibete, Chris Heighington, Martin Taupau, Andrew Fifita and Benji Marshall and to a lesser extent Te Maire Martin.

He was not saying that Cherrington may not be sighted, perhaps the club didn't see that special thing when they gave him game time, who knows?

Tiger05

First Grade
I was just talking to a good friend, a Tigers tragic who had heard about Cherrington.

He made a very good comment along the line of, go back 3 or 4 years and look at all of the players that the Tigers have released, tell me who are the regulars 1st graders.

Interesting and I could come up with Marika Koroibete, Chris Heighington, Martin Taupau, Andrew Fifita and Benji Marshall and to a lesser extent Te Maire Martin.

He was not saying that Cherrington may not be sighted, perhaps the club didn't see that special thing when they gave him game time, who knows?

Geez we could do with Koro, Taupau and Fifita though. Who knows how good TMM will be ? He could be a gun.

Still I like the look of our squad especially with Taylor signing. If our halves can actually perform anywhere near their contract values we will do pretty well.

macnaz

Staff member

Its fair to say those all mentioned were all rated by the majority of us mere fans as quaility players... we also rated players like Sirro, Lovett, Buchanan,Moltzen,Galloway, Simone, Blair etc as replaceable but they had or have had nine lives here.

gordsy

Juniors
Marika Koroibete not bad but nothing special apart from speed. Let's in almost as many as he scores.
Chris Heighington, wish we would have kept him. Sheens just used him wrong.

Martin Taupau, played few minuted for the money he was on and wanted more. No real loss. Biggest thing he's done all year was smash Jack Bird and not get 6 weeks for it.

Andrew Fifita, was a massive knob when he was here, along with his brother. Not sure if he ever would have produced his best form with us.

Benji Marshall, was rubbish when he left here and was going to take up a huge chunk of cap space. Glad we punted him.

Te Maire Martin. Big loss. I think he will be a star in a few years and we could have kept him for less than moses / brooks.

macnaz

Staff member
Hmm Kori lets in more than he scores .. and Bellamy keeps him ?
Fifita knob ?? Why because he stood up to sheenius and the boys club ?
Cough Cough ,plegm +
bullshit on both counts

Tiger05

First Grade
Koro is a weapon. Fifita is a weapon as well although I do think he is way too loose. Taupau is a gun as well. They are big losses.

gordsy

Juniors
Hmm Kori lets in more than he scores .. and Bellamy keeps him ?
Fifita knob ?? Why because he stood up to sheenius and the boys club ?
Cough Cough ,plegm +
bullshit on both counts

Fifita was disliked by plenty for his attitude to training and the team when in firsts and lower grades. Gone on to bigger and better things for sure though. I think Sheens wasn't the coach for him. Maybe flanno is a stricter coach maybe he's not. Either way I think he needed a new club. Sucks for us but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Latest posts