What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elimination Final vs Bulldogs

Doomednow

Bench
Dogs are due to improve their form. We can't be too over confident. Worried about injuries as well.

Kilkenny

Coach
We will have to be at our absolute best on the day, play for the full 80 minutes something we haven't achieved to often if at all this season and minimize mistakes and silly penalties.

The Bulldogs in finals time always seem to find a way to grind out a win and Sunday will be no different. I don't read to much into there recent run of poor form and I am sure they will be an entirely different proposition this Sunday.

grifter

Juniors
It's gonna be closer than most expect, I think Panthers by 1-2 points.
The real issue with the Dogs is their halves, Reynolds and Mbye have been pathetic of late. We have the wood over them there, well and truly with Moylan's ball playing skills.

kyussian

Juniors
it would appear the Dog's obvious gameplan would be to bash & barge up the middle.

In the 2014 Prelim final, the dogs bashed us - from memory Soward got severely bullied by the dog's forwards & none of ours stepped in to protect him. in this instance i think RCG's presence will be missed - he'd stand up & take on the big dogs in case things get feisty.

as motivation it would be good for both coaches to review that game to their teams - for the dogs, to remind themselves that they can be bullies & intimidate their opposition into submission. for our boys, to be aware that they will come at us hard but to not take a backward step & not to forget to protect our playmakers.

if we can hold out the initial onslaught my thinking is that 80 minutes will just too long for the dogs to defend against us. we just need to be patient & not get sucked down into the dogfight. the good thing is that the forecast is for a clear day so hopefully it's a quick track & we get to distract them by playing football!

GongPanther

Referee
it would appear the Dog's obvious gameplan would be to bash & barge up the middle.

In the 2014 Prelim final, the dogs bashed us - from memory Soward got severely bullied by the dog's forwards & none of ours stepped in to protect him. in this instance i think RCG's presence will be missed - he'd stand up & take on the big dogs in case things get feisty.

as motivation it would be good for both coaches to review that game to their teams - for the dogs, to remind themselves that they can be bullies & intimidate their opposition into submission. for our boys, to be aware that they will come at us hard but to not take a backward step & not to forget to protect our playmakers.

if we can hold out the initial onslaught my thinking is that 80 minutes will just too long for the dogs to defend against us. we just need to be patient & not get sucked down into the dogfight. the good thing is that the forecast is for a clear day so hopefully it's a quick track & we get to distract them by playing football!

There were two killer moments in that game.DWZ losing the ball 10 yards out from our line,with the Dogs scoring in the next set. And Idris dropping an absolute sitter when he was standing over the try line.

That Idris "drop" infuriated me the most being the ease of the catch,and the swing in the game we would have had.

age.s

First Grade
the good thing is that the forecast is for a clear day so hopefully it's a quick track & we get to distract them by playing football!

This is a big thing imo. We've looked way worse in the wet games we've played this year. Our ad lib stuff is much less likely to come off and so many of our points/momentum comes off the back of that.

This a big thing imo. We've looked way worse in the wet games we've played this year. Our ad lib stuff is much less likely to come off and so many of our points/momentum comes off the back off that.

I've been following the forecast all week and luckily all sunshine on the most part Sunday

lafai

Bench
Dogs fan here. You guys are really worried about this game? Lol our most consistent back all year is gonna be at church. I'm sure you guys don't fear Kerrod Holland & Tyrone Phillips right?

Big Mick

Referee
Dogs fan here. You guys are really worried about this game? Lol our most consistent back all year is gonna be at church. I'm sure you guys don't fear Kerrod Holland & Tyrone Phillips right?

I am shitting myself for 2 reasons:
1) Dogs can turn around their form easily
2) We can be overconfident and play dumb football whenever we want.

TheFrog

Coach
And Idris dropping an absolute sitter when he was standing over the try line.
I was sitting a couple of rows back from that incident. He got a fingertip to it on the way down and caught it after it bounced. His back was to the kick. It was anything but a sitter.

We had a mountain of ball in the last quarter of that game but couldn't get the try we needed. The Dogs weren't that good, they tackled well but we should have found a way through. Our attack was pedestrian, relying too much on Soward who couldn't reproduce his blinder in the previous match.

This game comes down to if Griffin can coach pretty much. Have the players heads right and we cant lose....thats not arrogance its just the truth looking at the teams

hindy111

Post Whore
At the odds dogs are a great bet.
If penrith play to best they win. But i cam also see them having a shocker.Dogs just grind and wont play bad with a simple game plan.
For me it lies on cartwright.He either smokes them or has a few brain explosions.

GongPanther

Referee
At the odds dogs are a great bet.
If penrith play to best they win. But i cam also see them having a shocker.Dogs just grind and wont play bad with a simple game plan.
For me it lies on Cartwright.He either smokes them or has a few brain explosions.

Thing that is noteworthy is that we haven't had a real shocker of a loss all season.Worst defeat was against the Storm by 18 in Melbourne,and 16 against the Sharks at home.But since those losses,we do not resemble that side.

We resemble a side that wasn't due to completion till around late 2017. :)

The Dogs won't know how to handle us in general play,our quick play the balls,our solid defense.They certainly have a mountain to climb.

Panther Pete

Juniors
There is no doubt we have looked good over the past month or so but who have we played? Sure be beat the Broncos but at the time they were out of sorts and we beat the Titans by a point. Regardless of how the Dogs are playing at the moment they are by far the best team we have come up against for a while, they are tough and know how to win when it comes to semi's. If our forwards can match your guys up the middle and we can hang on to the ball we will be a reasonable chance but I think us at $1.50 is way, way off, it has to be much closer than that.

TheFrog

Coach
Not sure about the others by my concern is that some of the Bulldogs boofheads will try to target our playmakers with questionable hits. The game does not do nearly enough to protect its skilled players from this sort of thing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Finals are won in forwards a lot of time.
Dogs will frusutrate and bore use by slowing game down.I smell and ambush.Forwards pounding and just blowing off park early. I hope im wrong, penrith are my 2nd team but to much experience in this dogs team.I wouldnt suprise if touched use up.

Whoever wins can go deep thou. Take on raiders or sharks in sydney

Whino

Bench
The only way the Dogs will win if we are off our game or they try and throw us off our game plan with intimidation.
I have been waiting all year for the dogs to fire and hasn't happened yet. If we lose tomorrow to them I will be very disappointed.
I still remain confident of a win.

Latest posts