What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elliott must go

greeneyed

First Grade
Lynchie said:
I totally agree with Raiders 2004. Im sick of all the crap eliott gets dished out with by some people in this forum week in week out.
We obviously have different views however like 2004 said most of us here dont have a clue what goes on behind the scenes in the club and yes we are playing poorly but we are still hanging around the top 8 which as far as I can see does not justify the reason for calling for the coaches head! Having a look at the top 8 calculator with the remaining games I figure going by other results and us only beating Souths ww will finish in 8th spot.

Playing as we are, we will be beaten by Souths.

greeneyed

First Grade
I was just thinking today about the odds that the Wests Tigers fans would get the ref of the bye dropped to Premier League this week, dissatisfied that he nearly cost them the 2 points.

thickos

First Grade
At the moment we are easily the worst team in the comp. Even Souths and Parra know how to score a few points. The sad thing is we are not the worst playing roster. But confidence is at an all time new low and things are going to get worse before they get better.

We are not going to the finals and hopefully some new blood in the playing ranks in 05 may give us a bit of spark that we need. I think that was our biggest flaw this season.

Frankly, stalwarts like Ruben deserve better.

Elliott still has my confidence but if we're near the bottom come middle of 05, then I think sadly he will have to fall on his sword.

Bay56

First Grade
thickos said:
Elliott still has my confidence but if we're near the bottom come middle of 05, then I think sadly he will have to fall on his sword.

My point exactly thickos ... though its a pity we have to wait till then ... be better if we get it over now dont you think :)

greeneyed

First Grade
thickos said:
At the moment we are easily the worst team in the comp. Even Souths and Parra know how to score a few points. The sad thing is we are not the worst playing roster. But confidence is at an all time new low and things are going to get worse before they get better.

We are not going to the finals and hopefully some new blood in the playing ranks in 05 may give us a bit of spark that we need. I think that was our biggest flaw this season.

Frankly, stalwarts like Ruben deserve better.

If we miss the semi finals, should we accept the non performance? I don't think we should. I think we should immediately look for a new head coach. I am sick of this abysmal non performance. The buck stops with the coach. The playing staff is NOT a non semi final team. He has to fall on his sword if he doesn't get the team to the 8, IMO.

greeneyed

First Grade
AND... the top team at the moment IS a non semi final team, as the coach is so risk averse he refuses to drop players in the squad who don't perform.

paulquinn49

Bench
damn which just reminded me i forgot to tape Greece:Uncovered. Watched some greek thing with Nick Wogboy on 7 the other day was very good

hows the hoax thread doing?

Kris_man

Bench
i can't remember who said it, but i think it was a point well made. elliott did well to get us out of the cellar, but he and his painstakingly one-dimensional game tactics can not get us to that next level. however, i'd only like to replace him if we already have a proven coach lined up, i don't want to replace elliott with another elliott.

i know he's a brian smith protege, but i really feel that daniel anderson was hard done by at the warriors. he was coach of the year in 2002, made the final four in 2003, then was dumped. and even chris anderson would be ok, at the very least we'd get brett kimmorley! :mrgreen: but yeah, if i was CEO, and lozza expressed interest in the head coach position, i'd try to appear calm, but underneath i'd be salivating, thinking "our problems are solved... :mrgreen: "

greeneyed

First Grade
Quinny... did you think the Opening Ceremony was any good... I thought it was boring. Whoever thought that putting people on floats for an hour pretending to be statues was a good idea and would be entertaining ....... #-o

Bay56

First Grade
kris_man said:
i can't remember who said it, but i think it was a point well made. elliott did well to get us out of the cellar, but he and his painstakingly one-dimensional game tactics can not get us to that next level. however, i'd only like to replace him if we already have a proven coach lined up, i don't want to replace elliott with another elliott.

I'll take credit for that ..... Wayne Collins would be my temporary replacement coach untill Bellamy or Stuart became available.

I'm not sure if loz would make a good coach ... great player but I'm not sure if he is a scholar and thinker in the finer points of the game ... unproven = not worth the risk.

paulquinn49

Bench
Well the fireworks and fire in general was good

Having all the teams come in is tradition. But they should just say combined islands and have the 90 counties and there 100 competitors come in together saves time.

also i hate the theatrical side of anything. totally wussy and boring. We invented homosexuality not boring theatrical crap. should only go for 1 and a half hours instead of 3 and a half.

I watched it all tho still

greeneyed

First Grade
We just won a medal for SHOOTING!!! I love the idea that shooting things wins gold medals... wouldn't that be fun... like we could also give medals for best drive by shooting of the year... best high school horror of the year ...

greeneyed

First Grade
paulquinn49 said:
Well the fireworks and fire in general was good

Having all the teams come in is tradition. But they should just say combined islands and have the 90 counties and there 100 competitors come in together saves time.

also i hate the theatrical side of anything. totally wussy and boring. We invented homosexuality not boring theatrical crap. should only go for 1 and a half hours instead of 3 and a half.

I watched it all tho still

I liked the fireworks and flares and stuff. I thought the fire in the water was good too. Sometimes I think I should be a Bulldogs fan. But it wasn't enough. Like breaking up pretend statues and suspending them over the stadium? Very boring I thought.

Bay56

First Grade
greeneyed said:
We just won a medal for SHOOTING!!! I love the idea that shooting things wins gold medals... wouldn't that be fun... like we could also give medals for best drive by shooting of the year... best high school horror of the year ...

Shooting huh ..... mmmmm got an idea ... anyone got the guys mobile number :lol: :) :lol:

azza

Juniors
Thickos well said. I'm through giving Elliot any more of my patience, he simply doesn't have the answers. Though kris_man has a point , we shouldn't dump him till we have a replacement. Problem is our management is too gutless to even sack Elliot.

greeneyed I will probably get around to watching the whole thing bit by bit over the next few weeks, I simply couldn't be bothered - the olympics are a lovely illusion that everything in the world is hunky-dory, enjoy it for the 2 weeks but let it not conceal the many problems our world faces at the moment. I thought from what I saw the ceremony was good, I don't think it's right to bag it, a lot of it was very Greek-oriented but of course many international viewers would have been saying WTF to a lot of the stuff that went on in Sydney. The rings of fire on the water were great but I thought the lighting of the flame was an anti-climax given the last 3 olympics in particular.

Latest posts