What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ellis

Tiger05

First Grade
I just watched bonstonkers highlight of Ellis. I know it is a highlight package but seriously we need a great player to replace this guy.

I'm not sure there is a better forward in the game apart from Gallen.

Highlight:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcWC5iqLG9k&feature=g-user-u

The thing is he is also solid. Benji and Robbie are great players but I wouldn't call either of them solid. If Benji is playing well Robbie is ordinary and vice versa. Ellis is consistent.

The signing of Blair pisses me off every time I watch Ellis play. One of them is a great player the other is so f**ken mediocre.

magpie_man

Juniors
three things that stood out to me from that vid:

1. we're gonna really, really miss ellis next season
2. bonstonkers forgot that awesome flick pass he did back to benji for a try last year(?)
3. we miss lui

maitland_magpie

Juniors
Lui wasn't anything special at all. And even if he was brilliant I wouldn't want any woman basher in the squad. Would rather run no where with a team I can respect then run first with a team that accepts this type of behaviour.

b.bear

Juniors
Yeah they had a good combo going there,

I'm not making excuses for the kid but he is just a kid and I believe he is still with the girl (correct me if I'm wrong) doing his counselling and the like and this time next year he will be one of the young standouts in the comp.The problem I've got is that we as a club are to quick to cave in on public opinion . adding to that, public opinion does not win you a comp!

Tiger05

First Grade

I'm not making excuses for the kid but he is just a kid and I believe he is still with the girl (correct me if I'm wrong) doing his counselling and the like and this time next year he will be one of the young standouts in the comp.The problem I've got is that we as a club are to quick to cave in on public opinion . adding to that, public opinion does not win you a comp!

I get he is a kid and personally I don't want to crucify him however it sounds like he bashed her more than once and as a club I think we have to get rid of players that do that.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Its like when Shane warne retired from the Aussie team...you can't expect the bloke that replaces him to be the 'next Gareth Ellis'

Seriously the bloke is just a freak

Dwyer would have gone close but yeah...won't go into that

Oh and despite his off field antics rob lui is a brilliant half, he is proving to be a bigger loss then prince was, I honestly believe that.

gordsy

Juniors

At age 8 I slapped my sister and got the mother of all hidings from my old man for doing so. At 20 odd years of age if you don't know it's not on to beat a woman, especially one carrying your child, then you deserve everything you get and more. Yes he is / was a good player with talent but I applaud the club for sending him packing.

T.T

Juniors
i want the woman basher back.. who cares if it means winning a premiership lol

Pezz70

Juniors
Ellis will either be back next week or the week after. Lui was a great foil for Benji. Lui has proven he is a grub 2 yrs in a row he was in trouble after mad Monday. Sironen will prove just as good if not better for Benji but I can't see a way to replace Ellis !!! Ellis is also a fair foil for Benji because of the good angles he runs when attacking in the opposition 20. It makes defenders think about someone else other than Benji and gives him that extra time to special things. Fulton does the same, Lawrence is capable of the same thing but is running short on confidence. Blair needs to emulate Ellis and Fulton

macnaz

Staff member
We dont miss Lui at all, what we do miss is the point he was our chosen 7 that we left him in that position. If Shines would just pick humble or Moltzen or even Miller and just friggin leave them there to grow we could get the same result. Dont forget Lui played like shit for a long time but they perservered with him.

Gareth will miss the Dog's game and then be back. The thing with this injury is that if you come back too early and re do it you are gone for a longer time. Ben Lowe and Luke Burgess have suffered from it in the past.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lui only had half a dozen good games here. Glad he's gone, woman bashing or not.