What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ellyse Perry

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Woman’s cricket is one of the few female sports I watch, and I agree it has improved quite a bit the last few years. Perry and Lanning play better cricket shots than most of our top order.

Rubbish, I will happily watch WBBL games, to say its "unwatchable" is a ridiculous statement. The womens game is improving dramatically each and every year. The Sixers, Renegades game yesterday was a cracker of a game, better than anything in the mens BBL so far this year. Ellyse is absolutely brilliant to watch, her double hundred against England stands out as one of my favourite cricketing moments in recent years. Womens cricket is an exciting prospect which I struggle to understand why people like yourself would try to bring down.
Its about under 14 boys standard. I hope it grows but as it is its crap.

Surfing and Tennis are the only women's sports worth watching at this point and the sponsorship dollars prove it

Mr Spock!

Referee
Its about under 14 boys standard. I hope it grows but as it is its crap.

Surfing and Tennis are the only women's sports worth watching at this point and the sponsorship dollars prove it
Yep....there was hardly anyone at one of the games.

It's like watching juniors.

Timbo

Staff member
You really shouldn't have said that.....:stuck_out_tongue:

I suppose I could've said 'haha, AFL suckzzzz lollll' when my boss told me to take the meeting, but given I like being able to pay my bills I chose to take the meeting.

My old role also partnered with the Eels and the Bulldogs, and I can tell you the Giants absolutely blew them both out of the water in terms of how their back office was run.

TheParraboy

Staff member
My old role also partnered with the Eels and the Bulldogs, and I can tell you the Giants absolutely blew them both out of the water in terms of how their back office was run.

This is interesting isn't it, reflection how teams perform on the fired, how they steadily improve or stay in a deluded rubble

When I was an on road account manager, Id service two large format national retailers monthly, who where chalk and cheese when it came to how they were run. At that time was no coincidence one wasn't doing near as well as the other.

Timbo

Staff member
The thing that really impressed me about the Giants was that they are playing a long, long, loooong game whilst the Bulldogs and Eels were really only looking about 12 months ahead.

When their COO was presenting to a group I was taking through from the USA, one of them asked why their crowds were so low relative to the rest of the league. He turned to me and nonchalantly said 'Tim, real quick - are you a Swans or Giants fan?' I answered as a Sydney boy, I didn't really follow either as I'm a league and union guy and he goes 'that's the answer I expected, and frankly I'm not interested in you - I'm interested in your kids'. And he outlined how they have a 25 year plan to become a presence in Western Sydney.

This is absolutely not to knock the Dogs or Eels, who had some truly fantastic people working behind the scenes to promote the game and get things done, but the support the AFL is giving the Giants and the sheer amount of money that they're investing was absolutely staggering. I couldn't not be impressed by how they operate.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Makes sense

25 year plan and clubs like Penrith have a 5 year plan, going on 8 :D

Unfortunately the NRL and the clubs don't have the money to "buy time" for the next generation of youngsters to jump on board. AFL are killing league very slowly

Latest posts