What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Embarrassed by Dishlickers and Rudolf is trash

Generalzod

Immortal
I called Toby being trash like 18 months ago and I got shot down. Called names. Was told he was good at “his role”. He’s good at nothing.

He’s f**king shit. He is slow, lethargic, lazy, unfit and offers absolutely nothing except penalties, missed tackles and crucial errors. He may be the worst player in the NRL. I absolutely detest seeing him run out for us. I don’t care what he does for charity or on a podcast. Get him out of this club right now cos he is so far from the standard of an NRL player it’s not even funny.

Nicho? Well, mental demons have caught up and I’m afraid he is done.
Ditto...

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I was about to book my holidays and come up for the Warriors game, but f**k I might wait…

Really if this side has anything in it the next 2 weeks they need to run up the scoreboard and belt the Titans and Tigers heading in to the next Bye. Then there might be some hope, but this mid season slump is concerning, it’s too early.
I think both teams will belt us.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I called Toby being trash like 18 months ago and I got shot down. Called names. Was told he was good at “his role”. He’s good at nothing.

He’s f**king shit. He is slow, lethargic, lazy, unfit and offers absolutely nothing except penalties, missed tackles and crucial errors. He may be the worst player in the NRL. I absolutely detest seeing him run out for us. I don’t care what he does for charity or on a podcast. Get him out of this club right now cos he is so far from the standard of an NRL player it’s not even funny.

Nicho? Well, mental demons have caught up and I’m afraid he is done.
I’m on the Toby on the titanic bandwagon with you. Never saw a lot of the venom, but he has been a fan favourite over time. Which is running thin - he’s morphing into Sharon Woods.
BHU is another polarising figure - shouted down for critical of him game numbers, which have been reasonable over the years… until now.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Honestly, that is a waste of $500k. Completely out played by nuffies like Max King. Move him on and re-sign Williams.
Help my old memory will ya Weapon. Did Tooby Doo have his turf toe when we rehired him on half a mill?

He needs to find a new injury and get medically retired if he had it when signed. If he didn't they need to use it now.

Weaponhead

Coach
Help my old memory will ya Weapon. Did Tooby Doo have his turf toe when we rehired him on half a mill?

He needs to find a new injury and get medically retired if he had it when signed. If he didn't they need to use it now.
Re-signed November 2023 until the end of 2026 so yes that would be after turf toe.

I have never been a fan. If your role is work horse that means no errors, tidy defence and doing the tough stuff. The uncontrolled, stupid offloads were momentum killers. After 5 mins, he looks like pacemaker has blown up.

DJDL

Bench
The issue with Tobes, and Herb for that matter, is their roles are to do what Aiden Tolman did - take your hitups, make your tackles, no pressure to be the man, but don’t pharque up.

This only works when they are paired with a dominant beast. But to have them on the park at the same time is a recipe for getting steamrolled.

I’ve said it many times before, and that opinion only strengthens by the week.

BHU’s unavailability has killed us.
Royce is capable but, by all reports, has been moulded for short bursts from the bench and is not up to starting.
Tommy is too green, and looks in dire need of a spell.
Tuks is nowhere near ready to be the man yet.
JC is only weeks back from long term injury, and is not the beast we need.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The issue with Tobes, and Herb for that matter, is their roles are to do what Aiden Tolman did - take your hitups, make your tackles, no pressure to be the man, but don’t pharque up.

This only works when they are paired with a dominant beast. But to have them on the park at the same time is a recipe for getting steamrolled.

I’ve said it many times before, and that opinion only strengthens by the week.

BHU’s unavailability has killed us.
Royce is capable but, by all reports, has been moulded for short bursts from the bench and is not up to starting.
Tommy is too green, and looks in dire need of a spell.
Tuks is nowhere near ready to be the man yet.
JC is only weeks back from long term injury, and is not the beast we need.
In summary. We have a substandard forward pack that doesn't compete when the chips are down.

Eion

First Grade
In summary. We have a substandard forward pack that doesn't compete when the chips are down.
Yep. They have overperformed this year.

To be fair, our forwards mostly dominated the dogs. If Toby hadn’t been such a f**ktard last night, we get home despite nicho and his wretched run.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yep. They have overperformed this year.

To be fair, our forwards mostly dominated the dogs. If Toby hadn’t been such a f**ktard last night, we get home despite nicho and his wretched run.
Obvious poor play aside I sense that Toby is soft headed and has really poor concentration issues. He doesn't appear to be thinking about consequences. He doesn't own his moments. His decision making has been rancid. He did not have to touch Hayward for example. For me, it was a bit of a dive and he was barely touched but, barely touched by the letter of the law is a penalty. We'd get more value from Scooby Doo actually ironing the snorkel out rather than that flacid action that did nothing other give them 2 points.

Try some methylphenidate Scooby. Willie Mason did.

Last edited:

R-15-3

Bench
As bad as Toby was i feel bad for the bloke.
He is really struggling with his injuries and fitness and only there because of how bad our pigs are in general.

Hazelton has been nursing a baby cow and been on light duties at training and the reason why we arnt starting him.

Hunt can’t last more than 10 min starting or 15 from the bench. Tho getting better.

Kafusi a bench worker they have tried to turn into a stronger starter and has failed.

Williams very ineffective starting he doesn’t manage the opening exchanges and needs us being on the front foot to work.

Tuks short impact but improving

BHU my pet hate player, his defence and work rate are suited to the Wahs.

Captain McInnes imo needs to come off the bench has been very ineffective in the opening sets but is amazing after that.

JC hopefully our next starter.

Bradbury is a terrible signing imo top 30 need to be close to playing not 3 years away needs to be an out and out gun you desperately need to keep to play the long game with.

As bad as Toby was i feel bad for the bloke.
He is really struggling with his injuries and fitness and only there because of how bad our pigs are in general.

Hazelton has been nursing a baby cow and been on light duties at training and the reason why we arnt starting him.

Hunt can’t last more than 10 min starting or 15 from the bench. Tho getting better.

Kafusi a bench worker they have tried to turn into a stronger starter and has failed.

Williams very ineffective starting he doesn’t manage the opening exchanges and needs us being on the front foot to work.

Tuks short impact but improving

BHU my pet hate player, his defence and work rate are suited to the Wahs.

Captain McInnes imo needs to come off the bench has been very ineffective in the opening sets but is amazing after that.

JC hopefully our next starter.

Bradbury is a terrible signing imo top 30 need to be close to playing not 3 years away needs to be an out and out gun you desperately need to keep to play the long game with.
Bradbury did his ACL apparently already 3Rd time off contract end of year he can go.
I mentioned in another thread he has been playing Reggie's for the Raiders Big Red and just got sent off.
They are chasing the Tigers prop if we move someone on land him, that is so mongrel

Chimp

Bench
We played shit and copped some horrendous calls, the penalty at the end because the Bulldogs player ran away from the ball to hit a stationary Sharks player was just typical of the calls.

What’s most remarkable is the ruck infringements, he called a lot against us and yet they only conceded one and it was 10 seconds before half time…

Also it’s quite ridiculous a player can be reported yet not even give away a penalty…
Agree with all this - they benefited from some VERY kind decisions. ‘Six again’ time and time again late in the count, interference/holding down when we’re already stood at marker, the Toby penalty, the OK block, our lost challenge, their bullshit ‘strip’ challenge that they won…. Awful refereeing.

But….. we were dog shit. Hynes is the biggest mental midget I’ve ever seen. You could see the anguish and nerves on his face before the game even started - he’s cooked mentally.

Blayke Brailey once again showed ZERO craft when we had good ball - just shovel it to McInnes/Hynes/Tricky without a thought for what’s actually occurring in front of him.

I thought right from the start, we were off our game as a whole - the timing just wasn’t there. How many times did the person taking the hit-up have to stop/reach back to catch the ball because there was a timing issue.

absolutely dreadful all round.

Latest posts