What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Embarrassing!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
"Parra (clap, clap, clap)"

We might've lost but our fans stood tall last night. Taped chants, so sad!!

dragondad

First Grade
G'day guys! I read this forum and enjoy it. Today I've decided to join it!
I went to the game on Friday night and am as disappointed as the rest of you. However, I've seen enough games over the decades to realise that there are losses to endure regularly if you follow footy. I can handle that. What I couldn't handle, and is enough to stop me going to Parramatta Stadium again, is that computerised/canned Parra chant. Every two minutes on it came. Over and over and over and .......You've got to think that it would drive the Parra supporters crazy as well. If I had to put up with that at Kogarah or WIN, I'd be sending off a very strong message to the Club.

dragondad

First Grade
Leasa, if that's all you have to offer, then it's best you say nothing! A pathetic, immature response. What do you think of it. Is it annoying or do you enjoy banal, repetitive chants. It was like a simple tribal chant for simple tribal supporters!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You don't need taped chanting in a packed house. And if they tried the same thing at half full venue, it would look even more embarrassing. I imagine its just an experiment... surely.

Choppies

Coach
Willow said:
You don't need taped chanting in a packed house. And if they tried the same thing at half full venue, it would look even more embarrassing. I imagine its just an experiment... surely.

they have been doing it for a while I think.

Dragons2005

Juniors
That has to be very Embarrassing to not only the Club but the Fans aswell.
Do there fans sit there and twiddle there thumbs? i guess they must is they need audio back up LOL.
i never knew something so lame could be introduced into football. i just hope WIN and OKI dont go the same path.

Dragons2005 said:
That has to be very Embarrassing to not only the Club but the Fans aswell.
Do there fans sit there and twiddle there thumbs? i guess they must is they need audio back up LOL.
i never knew something so lame could be imtroduced into football. i just hope WIN and OKI dont go the same path.

Well a certain someone suggested to Doust at the Wollongong RedV night that the club play a Dragons chant to drown out cries of St George from the fans.

Apparently this is being "considered".

Southernsaint

Staff member
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Well a certain someone suggested to Doust at the Wollongong RedV night that the club play a Dragons chant to drown out cries of St George from the fans.

Apparently this is being "considered".

Holden Racing Team ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Choppies said:
they have been doing it for a while I think.
Thanks, its the first I've heard of it. It hasn't made it to Pizzey Park on a Saturday arvo yet. ;-)

If its being considered for Kogarah or WIN, I ask that the club stops considering it.

drake

First Grade
I'm a long time fan of the Dragons moniker; it's why I followed instaed of Souths in the first place.
But to have the club force-feed the Dragons chant is ridiculous.
What are we Parramatta?
Most of the players, ours and opposition, refer to us as St George or Saints. There is nothing that can be done to change that.
Same as the Chooks are Easts.
And if by some strange twist of fate Souths move, they will still be Souths.

Illawarra may not have much visual representation in the marketing aspects of the club, but those who at least marginally follow the sport can be proud of providing the team with oodles of damn fine young footballers. And that's what really counts for local pride.

The_Coach

Juniors
Obviously you guys have never been to Parra stadium, they have been using it for years.

It was severly over used on Friday night though, and yes it even gave me the sh*ts.

drake

First Grade
The_Coach said:
Obviously you guys have never been to Parra stadium, they have been using it for years.

It was severly over used on Friday night though, and yes it even gave me the sh*ts.
Even after years of doing it, Parra fans still need coaching on chanting two syllables.
Par ra clap clap clap.

f**king brilliant, should send it to English premier league supporters to show 'em how it's done.

The_Coach

Juniors
Parra fans do chant, but only when a big play happens. The Barrett's a Wanker chant wasn't recorded.

It is stupid and does annoy even the Parra fans because there is no point playing a recorded chant when your team is playing the ball on the 50m line.