What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energy providers

innsaneink

Referee
Every time I have moved since the mid 80s or so, I have simply transferred gas and elec to the new premises...in the early days there was usually only one elec and gas co...now there seems to be many

My friend has just been approved on a lease for a unit, currently in a share situation with no energy account in her name, and before that in a marriage where the ex held the energy accounts

Do certain gas and elec provide for certain areas, does she have to go with the company that services her new street, or can she choose a power provider of her choice?

Whats the requirements for a new account?
ID and a deposit I imagine?

Dogs Of War

Coach
She is best shopping around and trying to lock in some good discounts. Plenty of sites exists that will help that. Though she will need to borrow someone else's electric bill who has a similar household setup to her so she has some figures to throw in. Not sure they need any special Id for setup. If she is into flybuys they throw lots of points at you if you sign up with agl for 2 years. Enough for about $100 all point. Over 2 year contract that's stil a pretty good saving

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There is a big difference between Energy Providers and Energy Retailers.

You need an Energy Retailer and there is a website that will let you do comparisons but I have never used it and dont know exactly what its called and it will answer all your questions.

You have a decent choice of retailers now days and it has nothing to do with where you live. My retailer is from South Australia and I live in NSW.

Latest posts