What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENG v FRA @ Leigh, UK // Wed 17 Oct 7:45PM(BST) // Thur 18 Oct 5:45AM (AEDT)

Pommy

Coach
Is anyone really surprised this fixture can’t draw a crowd? It’s a Wednesday night and England are averaging over a point a minute, which isn’t even that surprising.

adamkungl

Immortal
Why even bother. This does them no favours for the Euro Championships. Either show up and have a dig or stay home.

Harrigan

Juniors
This is literally the weakest English team in a decade too. Only 4 players from last years world Cup final.

Storm13

Juniors
6-6 in the second half. England started to make as many errors as France.

RLeage app was a little shit but the coverage was not too bad.

siv

First Grade
Interesting game to watch

England all over France in the first half 38 nil

Then a much better French defensive effort in second half and its 6 all in the second half

Suggest to me that coaching is a basic issue

Along with no playing enough games against better opposition

Its the old delima that England had prior the tri-nations

Pommy

Coach
6-6 in the second half. England started to make as many errors as France.

RLeage app was a little shit but the coverage was not too bad.

I often wonder when you get blow outs how committed players really are. Nobody wants to get injured and everyone knows the game is won.

Storm13

Juniors
I often wonder when you get blow outs how committed players really are. Nobody wants to get injured and everyone knows the game is won.
Don't think it was a lack of effort, just more fatigue with more errors and France getting some penalties and field position. Gigot getting involved more and more dummy half running got France a little bit more invested.

siv

First Grade
First half v second half effort highlights preperation and coaching

Who is coaching the French team ?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A quick squiz back at recent results between the two nations and the result is no surprise:

upload_2018-10-18_9-42-27.png

England 30s or 40s, France one try, save for the 2015 thrashing.

Not sure why the result would surprise anyone.

Springs09

Juniors
A quick squiz back at recent results between the two nations and the result is no surprise:

View attachment 24237

England 30s or 40s, France one try, save for the 2015 thrashing.

Not sure why the result would surprise anyone.

I don't think any of it surprised anyone. I think it's what everyone expected with a weak French team, shit venue and on a Wednesday night.

Why aren't we taking these games seriously? It's the year after a World Cup and we have 5 full strength international games.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
the public-media chicken and egg won't take games seriously if the teams don't take them seriously.

the teams won't take them seriously if they know they can't win

top level rugby league is brutal. there is nowhere to hide. this isn't soccer or union where you can stall the inevitable to some extent.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
France! When will you do our game a favour and compete FFS!! RL can't take a trick - PNG and France should theoretically be very competitive international teams with the big 3. I'm thinking by now the scores of these kind of games should be 30 - 18 with France jagging the (very) odd win.