What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Tonga Test Series 2023

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone want to have a crack at the likely England lineup? I'll start

1. Welsby
2. Young
3. Watkins
4. Farnworth
5. Makinson / Charnley
6. Lomax
7. Williams (2nd & 3rd test) & ???
8. Walmsley
8. McIllorum
10. Burgess
11. Whitehead
12. Bateman
13. Radley

Anyone I missed?
Sounds about right, not sure if radley has gone over for it. Squad is due to be announced today, scrum half for games 1&2 likely to be Wigans very English named Harry Smith

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Sounds about right, not sure if radley has gone over for it. Squad is due to be announced today, scrum half for games 1&2 likely to be Wigans very English named Harry Smith
How do you think Harry will go? You would expect England to hold a slight edge in the spine positions

wain

Juniors
i think that's a fantastic starting 13, capable of matching it with Aus/NZ/Tonga. Of course, similar to the other nations...don't have the depth to cover injuries/outs unlike Australia. I feel like NZ now has the depth to match Aus in that regard. At least, closing the gap.

taste2taste

Juniors
Yeah, out injured.
source:some article I read yesterday but can’t remember which one.
Will be a big out, he almost single handedly dragged them back into the game against Samoa.

In fairness, if I had to tackle those big humans for 3 games I'd be out 'injured' too ;)

wain

Juniors
Will be a big out, he almost single handedly dragged them back into the game against Samoa.

In fairness, if I had to tackle those big humans for 3 games I'd be out 'injured' too ;)
yep, he's so underrated. as a broncos fan...he's my fave. im bummed he's leaving.
the amount of work he does for the team getting out of trouble is immense. He's deceptively strong too, as you mentioned against Samoa last year.
Honestly, Id rather have kept him and lost Staggs.
So yeah, huge out for England I think.

yakstorm

First Grade
He's moving to a new club in the off season as well as being injured. I imagine it's a bit like changing jobs, you generally try to play it safe and not upset the new boss in the first few months at least.

Latest posts