What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Tonga Test Series 2023

yakstorm

First Grade
So just wanted to have a look at ticket sales for Game 1 at St Helens... I'm not going to lie, it's very scary and not in a good way. They've adopted the selling every 'odd row' approach (to try and make the crowd look bigger) and there is still a lot of tickets left.

This is halfway section of the North Stand.

Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 2.34.53 pm.png

taste2taste

Juniors
So just wanted to have a look at ticket sales for Game 1 at St Helens... I'm not going to lie, it's very scary and not in a good way. They've adopted the selling every 'odd row' approach (to try and make the crowd look bigger) and there is still a lot of tickets left.

View attachment 80907
International footy played in half empty stadiums in the norm these days.

If game 1 is a ripper, ticket sales should be decent for game 2.

isaiah

Bench
yep, he's so underrated. as a broncos fan...he's my fave. im bummed he's leaving.
the amount of work he does for the team getting out of trouble is immense. He's deceptively strong too, as you mentioned against Samoa last year.
Honestly, Id rather have kept him and lost Staggs.
So yeah, huge out for England I think.
I’d like to know how many try assists he had this year. Doesn’t seem to ever pass

yakstorm

First Grade
Ticketing map is looking a lot healthier today, though I hope it's not because there are still a significant number of tickets on hold.

Iamback

Coach

View attachment 80907

No surprise.

Yet people still don't realise the test system is broken in RL

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great first test. Cracking game from both sides and what a debut from man of match Mikey Lewis!

IMG_1543.jpeg

yakstorm

First Grade
Best way for any Test Series to kick off, tight first game with plenty of room for improvement on both sides.

Crowd was 12,898. Hopefully the lowest for the series.

Wb1234

Referee
Best way for any Test Series to kick off, tight first game with plenty of room for improvement on both sides.

Crowd was 12,898. Hopefully the lowest for the series.
Awful

and to think there are some who mocked pngs crowd

the game in England needs to be blown up and built up again from scratch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Awful

and to think there are some who mocked pngs crowd

the game in England needs to be blown up and built up again from scratch
13k to 6k? Png two woeful crowds deserve calling out for a supposed rugby league mad nation,

dissapointiNg but not surprising, I predicted around 15k. There’s an apthy around int RL across the world that needs some serious work to address.

should grow on the back of that entertainment

Wb1234

Referee
13k to 6k? Png two woeful crowds deserve calling out for a supposed rugby league mad nation,

dissapointiNg but not surprising, I predicted around 15k. There’s an apthy around int RL across the world that needs some serious work to address.

should grow on the back of that entertainment
It’s a terrible crowd

I’d Tonga were playing in the pacific cup their crowds would be 20 to 30k

pacific cup is averaging close to 20k for crowd the issue seems to be in England

TDD91

Juniors
1 week after the Grand Final, when there's been major flooding in the country in the last 72 hours, 13k is decent considering the circumstances.

wain

Juniors
Samoa just got 23k on the weekend with few kiwis

tonga vs samoa could’ve sold out eden park

12k is an awful crowd
unfair comparison. there's a few more Polynesians in Auckland than St Helens.
Aus v Samoa didnt get much more for their match in Townsville.

If you played Eng v Aus, we'd probably get more buzz and similar crowds in England and/or Australia.

Id say the issue is more the crowds of the big 3 are rubbish. NZ were totally outnumbered this weekend, Ive never heard the Haka booed so much...and it was in Auckland! I agree with you...that Tonga v Sam in NZ would be massive. I also think Tonga v Samoa in Sydney would draw a bigger crowd than any Kangaroos match.

As previously mentioned, we need to work on the prestige of internationals in these countries to help make playing more internationals viable.