What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENGLISH PROPS

Rich

Juniors
Lauiti'iti is a 2nd row and McDermott is crap :)

In no particluar order, in my opinion:

Stuart Fielden and Paul Anderson(Bradford), Nick Fozzard (St Helens), Ryan Bailey (Leeds), Andy Coley (Salford), Danny Lima (Warrington), Andy Lynch (Castleford), Paul King (Hull), Danny Sculthorpe and Craig Smith (Wigan), Michael Korkidas and Daryl Griffin (Wakefield).

Some of those haven't hit their best form in 2004 but were excellent in 2003.

Most improved are Leeds' Chris Feather and Saints' Keith Mason.

Two for the future are James Graham from Saints and Nick Scruton from Leeds but currently on loan at Hull. Graham was the England Academy player of the series when they beat the Australian Institute of Sport 2-0 in 2003. Scruton has played a bit more SL and looks real class.

Gaz_the_bull

Juniors
I wouldn't say Anderson is one of the top props in super league anymore, he's been a superb impact player for us over the last 6/7 years but I feel he's a little over the hill now and definately shouldn't be in the GB squad this year.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
:lol: Well, I still believe Anderson is one of Britains best props.
Though judging from what Gaz is saying, it's been a tough season at Bradford and the squad hasn't performed to the previous extent due to depatures, but I believe all of the Bulls props have played awesome this season and it's great to know when Paul retires we have the likes of Parker and Moore to take up there ranks.

Gaz_the_bull

Juniors
DrewBeliever said:
:lol: Well, I still believe Anderson is one of Britains best props.
Though judging from what Gaz is saying, it's been a tough season at Bradford and the squad hasn't performed to the previous extent due to depatures, but I believe all of the Bulls props have played awesome this season and it's great to know when Paul retires we have the likes of Parker and Moore to take up there ranks.

But he's not the player he was between 1990-2001 when he was knocking down opposition defenders like ten pins, and he's not of the same quality anymore as the likes of Fielden, Bailey, Fozzard etc. Parker is a player I really rate but I see him as more of a second rower and I think he'll go on to play for GB .Richard Moore has the potential but I don't think he'll ever be a top class prop, especially if he doesn't learn to control his agression.

JasonE

Bench
I'd pick 6 props in the Tri Nations squad, they would be Fielden, Morley, Fozzard, Farrell, Coley and Danny Sculthorpe

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Gaz_the_bull said:
[quote="DrewBelieverRichard Moore has the potential but I don't think he'll ever be a top class prop, especially if he doesn't learn to control his agression.

Fielden is still going strong :lol: ;-)

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Well, my judgement there Kiwi_Man......

He's been playing strong Footy, though as he's getting on a bit he get's tired very easily good job we have a good set of props to rotate play.

We've just re-signed him for another 2 seasons, so he's been a great buy for Bradford over the past 4 years.

Sheddy

Juniors
The top props are;

Stuart Fielden - Bradford
Andy Farrell - Wigan
Andy Coley - Salford
Rob Parker - Bradford
Nick Fozzard - St Helens
Danny Sculthorpe - Wigan
Micheal Korkidas - Wakefield
Ryan Bailey - Leeds
Paul King - Hull FC

Lima had a decent start to the season as he was unpredictable, as the weeks went on teams knew what he was all about and he hasnt mad as big of an impact. Paul Anderson makes a brilliant impact but can last no longer than 10 minutes.
Andy Lynch - Castleford

Bullseye

Juniors
A lot of Leeds fans I speak to reckon Bailey hasn't been as impressive this year. Sounds like "second season syndrome"

Fielden had an excellent game vs Penrith then his form went really down until about a month ago. He's back to his best now.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Are we getting Lynch in replacement for Anderson, Bullseye, Gaz, or Asim who ever answers first?

Just I can't get on to the official Bulls message Board to here the recent news, because I'm banned and rlfans is down (yet again) :roll: .