What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enjoy it while you can Poms

WJ

Juniors
We know. We are average at best, and are amateurish.

We'll let you do the talking off the field, while we do the talking on the field.

philstorm

Juniors
WJ said:
We know. We are average at best, and are amateurish.

We'll let you do the talking off the field, while we do the talking on the field.

Leon Pryce ring a bell?

WJ

Juniors
bwhahahaha:lol:

What? I prefer blackpool to bondi?

Got feck all to do with the game.

It's not like he was saying how average the aussies were, and how amatuerish they were.

Hindmarshfan

Juniors
Because you wont beat the Kiwis this weekend, let along the Aussies in two weeks time.
Yes i get that feeling too. Australia weren;t even in 2nd gear last night... At times they looked their old self - but for the most part they played some really sloppy football and Great Britian ,well im not sure they can find another gear. If NZ come out fired up - which they should- they can knock over the POMS. GB still deserve credit though for last night,,, they sure stuck it to some people.

I think Rick has to settle on a team and go with it. the chopping and changing has done them no favours.

renouf

Juniors
Does the 2004 Tri nations ring a bell? Australia were gone.. they played fairly average for the entire series, got beaten by GB.. then came the Final at Elland Road, what was it at half time, 38-0? It was one of the greatest first half displays by an Australian team ever.. Darren Lockyer orchastrated the whole thing. Australia are just going through the motions atm. If Lockyer is injury free, the final will be a blood bath regardless of who we play.

Hindmarshfan

Juniors
Australia are just going through the motions atm. If Lockyer is injury free, the final will be a blood bath regardless of who we play.
watch it Renouf you will be accused of being arrogant for such words !!! i agree with you though BTW . They look like they are bored and tired at the moment. This past week smelt of 1994 kangaroo tour.where everyone wrote GB off and they won the first test , only to be destroyed in the final two.

Arrogant it maybe, but if Roos turn up and play to their potential , noone can touch them. its not arrogant , just factual. they have the fastest, most skillful, talented and smartest RL team and have done for a lot of years. generally when they lose its because of their form and not their oppositions.

TrevorAllan

Juniors
Yes, that's all very well - but in 1994 you had Lazarus, Clyde, Dean Pay - Now you have O'Donnell, Mason, Shrek...

You might knock us over in Brisbane on a dry track....But Aussie will be a Kangaroo graveyard.

Micistm

Bench
Lol! You guys ARE arrogant. Aussie as a league nation are totally up themselves and think no one else is close. The annoying thing is most of the time you're right! There's no denying Aussie is a great side and the yardstick the others measure their progress by- But when we can knock you off that self proclaimed pedastall, man that's a nice feeling. And there have been some great examples of that- Last years tri series final was great for Kiwis...but even more for me was the Superleague test in 97 (We were told Aussie would have way too much class...it was NZ 30 Aust 12), the follow up '98 Anzac test we were told for months how you were going to kill us with Aussie at full strength and both comps combined...NZ 24 Aust 16 from memory. And that is the only test I can remember in my life where BOTH teams were completely full strength (without the usual suspensions, clubs not releasing Kiwis etc). Your excuse- The poor Kangas were a little rusty with players from both comps not used to playing together for ages (Forgetting it was the same for both sides).

Let's face it- Aussie is a fantastic League side- But being humble is not one of your virtues to say the least

Micistm

Bench
...And as well as form for a reason for Aussie losing, you forgot total lack of respect for your opposition. And you just proved it again.

simon says

First Grade
Micistm said:
Lol! You guys ARE arrogant. Aussie as a league nation are totally up themselves and think no one else is close. The annoying thing is Let's face it- Aussie is a fantastic League side- But being humble is not one of your virtues to say the least

Whats there to be humble about???......we have been smashing everyone for over 30 years.

JJ

Immortal
true, but you certainly didn't smash us in that last year

and anyone's only as good as their last performance...

why is O'Meley in the team.... can someone tell me?