What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis the menace

stormbati

Bench
He's on another level when it comes to sledging. He just doesn't stop.
Got under Petero's skin, under Hindmarsh, two blokes who are usually always composed.
At first I hated him but I find it amusing now.

Cammo

Bench
Steve Waugh was also a great sledger apparently and could get under the oppositions skin.

As long as the sledging doesn't cross the line then I can't see an issue with it, and it certainly helped change the game for the Bulldogs last night which I loved :)

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
I have always liked Hindmarsh as a player and a person, but last night he was way out of character. He should have a quick look at himself and Hayne before calling someone else a grub. After that happened he was a pulling a few grub moves of his own.

Was it Hindmarsh that ripped off Stagg's head and the ref did f**k all about it? Need to watch the replay

nathan_hindmarsh_narrowweb__300x425,0.jpg

Usain Bolt

Bench
Hindmarsh is a grub, he turned around and punched Ennis when he wasnt expecting it, at least square up ya big softie

beads6

First Grade
Sledging generally always crosses the line and that is why we get a good reaction like what Petro and Hindy did.

_Johnsy

Referee
It would be ineresting to find out what Ennis said (we never will, but it's easy to guess). It must have been a shocker to get Hindy to react that way.

If you actually watch the replay Usain, Ennis throws the first punch. That's why he was given 10 in the bin.

Hindmarsh a grub (by the way I hate parramatta) you're off your head, ridiculous statement.

Last edited:

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The only unfortunate thing about that incident was that Hindy didn't punch Michael's head clean off. There is a line that should not he crossed when it comes to sledging and Michael either doesn't know where the line is or doesn't care. Hindy would of had 95% of footy fans in his corner last night. There aren't too many players that I can't cop. Ennis is one. Hayne is another.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Always had a soft spot for Ennis so I thought it was hilarious.

Wonder if he’ll manage to get Lockyer unsettled during this years Origin, would be his ultimate achievement I reckon.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Hindmarsh is a grub, he turned around and punched Ennis when he wasnt expecting it, at least square up ya big softie

If you bait someone like Ennis was then you have to expect it.

Good work Hindy..........very amusing set of circumstances. Especially when they put a big tackle on Ennis in the last play of the game. Classic.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the guy is a grub who cant let his footy do the talking so he has to rely on niggling

Hindy was obviously not willing to repeat what the grub said in the press conference and good on him although I'm not sure why he is protecting the little scumbag

Garts

Bench
Have to watch the news to see what happened as I didn't see the game. Like Hindmarsh even more if he put one on Ennis's chin, one of the few players I cant stand.

Doga

Juniors
The only unfortunate thing about that incident was that Hindy didn't punch Michael's head clean off. There is a line that should not he crossed when it comes to sledging and Michael either doesn't know where the line is or doesn't care. Hindy would of had 95% of footy fans in his corner last night. There aren't too many players that I can't cop. Ennis is one. Hayne is another.

So, just because you are an expert on the matter what exactly did Ennis say? :roll:

Is Sandow one of those you can't cop byw?

Deacon

First Grade
the guy is a grub who cant let his footy do the talking so he has to rely on niggling

Hindy was obviously not willing to repeat what the grub said in the press conference and good on him although I'm not sure why he is protecting the little scumbag

Clearly protecting his family and doesn't want anything more to come from it, hence no comment

Garts

Bench
Just watched the press conference, you would think he must have said something pretty bad to get Hindy riled up.