What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enough is enough: It is time to bring back Hagan

lingard

Coach
Just remember guys (and girls); Michael Hagan came in at a time when Brian Smith had just about brought Parramatta to its knees, in terms of team morale. He over-coached, over-disciplined, treated players like school-kids. Hagan came in and did ther only thing he could do: he adopted almost the opposite approach. He treated the players with respect, treated them like adults. Put the ball in their court. I think the players gradually took advantage of this and, after a reasonably successful first year, they completely lost the plot in the second year. I`m not saying Hagan is the best coach in the world; but he has won a premiership. "With Andrew Johns", I hear you say; but Bennett won with Lockyer, Langer, Walters, etc, etc, etc,. And Melbourne have won with a sh*tload of stars. Every team that wins a grand final has a sh*tload of stars. Hagan had a young Andrew Johns, Matthew Johns and Robbie O`Davis. I think that`s comparable with other G.F. winning teams.
I get a bit sick of people treating Hagan like some second class moron, and ridiculing him all the time. And when you mention that he 'quit'. Come on; you can`t seriously believe that he wasn`t backed into a corner and told to quit, can you? Anderson was just off contract. Parramatta wanted him. They told Hagan to quit. I don`t think he is a quitter. I admire him.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Just remember guys (and girls); Michael Hagan came in at a time when Brian Smith had just about brought Parramatta to its knees, in terms of team morale. He over-coached, over-disciplined, treated players like school-kids. Hagan came in and did ther only thing he could do: he adopted almost the opposite approach. He treated the players with respect, treated them like adults. Put the ball in their court. I think the players gradually took advantage of this and, after a reasonably successful first year, they completely lost the plot in the second year. I`m not saying Hagan is the best coach in the world; but he has won a premiership. "With Andrew Johns", I hear you say; but Bennett won with Lockyer, Langer, Walters, etc, etc, etc,. And Melbourne have won with a sh*tload of stars. Every team that wins a grand final has a sh*tload of stars. Hagan had a young Andrew Johns, Matthew Johns and Robbie O`Davis. I think that`s comparable with other G.F. winning teams.
I get a bit sick of people treating Hagan like some second class moron, and ridiculing him all the time. And when you mention that he 'quit'. Come on; you can`t seriously believe that he wasn`t backed into a corner and told to quit, can you? Anderson was just off contract. Parramatta wanted him. They told Hagan to quit. I don`t think he is a quitter. I admire him.

This is the best post I have read in my entire time of using this forum. Well done.

eel4life

Juniors
Seriously dude stop sniffing or injecting whatever it is you do, i do not see you lasting more than this year ...

Wolvpaw

Juniors
When i seen the thread heading i thought you cant be serious

got a few laughs from the posts though

homo man

Juniors
I think it is painfully obvious that Anderson is not doing the job he was brought into do because he will not:

"Sack Inu for being out of form" or "Finch for being sh*t".

Also he didn't drop Grothe in round one, and if he had of we wouldn't have played so well this week... and we would have lost so we could have been more miserable.

FFS I love being miserable.
Are you serious bro,or you just having laugh?Im serious in that question.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Sorry, but Hagan is sers business to me

Also, much like my brother Inu, I would never do illegal drugs. So don't worry, I will be around for as long as there is at least one guy that posts quality such as this:

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Hey Swiftstylez

Just out of curiosity... for someone who is so in love with Michael Hagan, why do you have a username which makes everyone think you are a lesbian?

Eels Dude

Coach
Swiftstylez ? How is that lesbian?

Because it can be read as

'Swiftys-lez' or 'Swifts-a-lez' or something else.

Hey, I'm sure you've your own reasoning for it but that's the way it reads to me and I think there'd be others who would think something similar

With a one word user name which makes no specific sense to the general public, we all have to interpret it our own way ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore

Eloquent and intelligent post. But I don't believe for a second he was forced to quit.