What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enough talent for expansion?

I admire your passion but your emotive approach to this issue lets you down again and again. The NRL doesn't NEED expansion. It doesn't NEED any of the stuff you listed above. Some of it would be nice to have, my word, but you NEED the NRL, not the other way around. It's your emotional, desperate approach that gets so many off side. You want a Perth side, we get it. Truth is; many NRL fans in Sydney who are the ones that are key stakeholders in the game, couldn't give a stuff one way or the other. Keep up the good fight but stop acting like you know what the game needs and doesn't need.

Last I check newman all 16 clubs are key stakeholders in the game not just Sydney. Look beyond it for once and see having WA/Brisbane 2 will bring good to the game it won't effect the precious Sydney teams. It's just a matter of them finally getting there act together after continuous decades. The insularity and backwards thinking needs to be cleansed from the NRL in order for this to occur. NRL >>>> NSWRL

Get with it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
When I rule the world hahahahahahahahahah.........

The game is built on passion and I am not ashamed as a passionate fan of Rl to shout my two cents worth!

The game of RL is now run by the NRL in this country, their job is to grow the game nationally not just make sure 9 Sydney NRL clubs are ok. I would happily take $5million of funding to the WARL over a Perth NRL team any day. I am much more interested in seeing thousands of kids playing the game, schools taking it up, strong WARL grass roots club across the whole of WA etc. The selfish bit of me wants an NRL club to go along to every other week, shout and scream for and get drunk on victory or defeat after a game with my mates. But more than that I want to see our great game become all that it can be.

And not just in NSW and Qland.

newman

First Grade
Last I check newman all 16 clubs are key stakeholders in the game not just Sydney. Look beyond it for once and see having WA/Brisbane 2 will bring good to the game it won't effect the precious Sydney teams. It's just a matter of them finally getting there act together after continuous decades. The insularity and backwards thinking needs to be cleansed from the NRL in order for this to occur. NRL >>>> NSWRL

Get with it.

Get with what?

Forward progression, expansion won't hurt Cronulla if anything it would motivate them even more to get themselves into shape. Having more teams in the competition creates a more competitve mindset from a adminstration persepctive to be the best club in the NRL.

newman

First Grade
Forward progression, expansion won't hurt Cronulla if anything it would motivate them even more to get themselves into shape. Having more teams in the competition creates a more competitve mindset from a adminstration persepctive to be the best club in the NRL.

Why would I get "with it" Daddy-o? Half of the peanuts on here think Cronulla should be wound up or sent to Berkeley Vale to make way for some shit new team that may or may not be halfway decent.

LESStar58

Referee
Hahaha don't bring rugby union into this as I'm waiting for the Force to be exactly that.....a force. The West Coast Pirates drew with the Central Coast 38-38 the other week in S.G.Ball, the Pirates have a whole state to draw on while as you correctly put it most of the Central Coasts players are with the Bulldogs, the Knights, the Sea Eagles etc, etc. Imagine if those players didn't travel to other areas, they'd go very close to taking out the Harold Matts and S.G.Ball competitions if they had a direct pathway.

I think you'll find that if the Pirates get in that they would really put the squeeze to the Force.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Pretty sure if you combed through the NSW + QLD cup teams you could easily put together at least one decent NRL side if not two. Not even counting the ones in Super League or promising U20s.

Wellington can provide mostly New Zealand talent, some of whom could be union converts.

PNG Hunters will be mostly PNG nationals, of which hundreds of thousands are waiting to be selected.

The only problems will arise if the decision is made to promote Perth and Brisbane II/Ipswich/South Queensland.

I would take all 4 and expand to 20 teams

spoonman

Juniors
I admire your passion but your emotive approach to this issue lets you down again and again. The NRL doesn't NEED expansion. It doesn't NEED any of the stuff you listed above. Some of it would be nice to have, my word, but you NEED the NRL, not the other way around. It's your emotional, desperate approach that gets so many off side. You want a Perth side, we get it. Truth is; many NRL fans in Sydney who are the ones that are key stakeholders in the game, couldn't give a stuff one way or the other. Keep up the good fight but stop acting like you know what the game needs and doesn't need.

Newman this is a forum not a legal contract. Perth Red can be as passionate or emotive as he likes and it certainly doesn't make his opinions any less valid.

Latest posts