What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entire Wests Tigers Board Sacked

some11

Referee
Only ten years overdue.

f**k balmain off and just go with western suburbs. Completely seperate themselves from the stench of failure.

Chimp

Bench
I hope its a great change for the Tigpies.. Richardson could turn out either way. CAn be a dick and can come out with some really stupid ideas.
Richardson has plenty of skin in the game though - he’s well experienced and generally has done good things for the clubs where he’s worked.
Importantly for Wests, he’s fairly well respected and almost even more importantly, he seems to be well liked by the media types - so he might just get a bit of good will from the media and stop Wests being an easy and enjoyable target for the journos.
And let’s face it, it can’t get any worse for Wests than what’s been happening the last few years.

Diesel

Referee
A few at Nrl360 are going to be pissed this happened during the off-season when the show isn’t on.

gerg

Juniors
Why the hell did this take so long? Should have happened six months after Pascoe ratted out his own club.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yup, great news for Tigpies fans:

They can finally appoint people who actually give a shit about the club, their fan base and start the rebuilding process
There are no people in positions of power that actually give a shit about the Tigpies and their fanbase though, only biased Balmain and Magpies old boys and neutrals that are there so they can list it on their resume.

That's been one of the, if not the single biggest, issues with the Wests Tigers since the beginning, and I'm sceptical that that will change anytime soon.

There are no people in positions of power that actually give a shit about the Tigpies and their fanbase though, only biased Balmain and Magpies old boys and neutrals that are there so they can list it on their resume.

That's been one of the, if not the single biggest, issues with the Wests Tigers since the beginning, and I'm sceptical that that will change anytime soon.

There was a quote from a well-placed source who was at the Wests Tigers Christmas function last year and they said that during the night, the Wests and Balmain factions sat separately at opposite sides and bitched about each other all night.

soc123_au

Staff member
Can't wait to hear about the 5 year plan to reclaim 9th.

Seriously though it's about time. Richo is a bit of a wanker, but he isn't an idiot.

Poor Wests Tigers. This should have happened years ago.

What next for them? Merge with the Dragons, and can be a super super club. The St George Illawarra Wests Tigers Dragons has a nice ring to it. Play 2 games each at Leichhardt Oval, Campbelltown, Kogarah and Wollongong, Commbank (Parra) and the SFS.

Diesel

Referee
Lee was on SEN this morning. Seemed fine but made a point (which will come as no surprise to anyone here) that there is a Balmain and Wests divide, there are two Harold Matthew Cup sides and the NSW Cup team is the Magpies, not WT.

After 25 years this club is run as a divided venture and has three sets of fans, Wests Tigers, Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies. Can’t blame the fans when the club doesn’t even know their identity

Diesel

Referee
Poor Wests Tigers. This should have happened years ago.

What next for them? Merge with the Dragons, and can be a super super club. The St George Illawarra Wests Tigers Dragons has a nice ring to it. Play 2 games each at Leichhardt Oval, Campbelltown, Kogarah and Wollongong, Commbank (Parra) and the SFS.
Two unpopular ideas, but… Revert to the Magpies, sell the Tigers name to Brisbane Tigers or demerge with Balmain who can be a minor partner with Easts in Brisbane.

Give the Balmain area to Easts and/or Parra who must invest in the area.

flippikat

First Grade
I posted that in the East's Tigers thread almost 24hrs before.
ahh.. got ya. Well, it ticks a few boxes - gives Brisbane that 3rd team to balance the Broncos & Dolphins, de-clutters Sydney somewhat & still leaves space for an 18th team.

Reactions: Vee

The Great Dane

First Grade
Lee was on SEN this morning. Seemed fine but made a point (which will come as no surprise to anyone here) that there is a Balmain and Wests divide, there are two Harold Matthew Cup sides and the NSW Cup team is the Magpies, not WT.

After 25 years this club is run as a divided venture and has three sets of fans, Wests Tigers, Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies. Can’t blame the fans when the club doesn’t even know their identity
And they'll always have problems so long as that's the case.

They need to unify under a single identity in pursuit of a single goal, then purge anybody that doesn't get on board. How they go about that is debateable and whichever way they go is inevitably going to burn a portion of their support. I don't really have a dog in that fight, but they need to decide which will be the least painful/most achievable and bite the bullet.

If, for example, that means pissing Balmain off and reverting to the Magpies, or vice versa, then so be it.

Last edited:
Merge with easts tigers

play some away games vs Sydney team at leichadrt oval

Roosters don't need them. Also why would my club take any first grade game to that dump of a ground? It would be a loss maker financially. Even the Wests Tigers admin has known that for decades.

Bukowski

Bench
Roosters don't need them. Also why would my club take any first grade game to that dump of a ground? It would be a loss maker financially. Even the Wests Tigers admin has known that for decades.
Roosters playing games at LO is one of the stupidest posts I've ever read.

Wb1234

Immortal
Cost
Roosters don't need them. Also why would my club take any first grade game to that dump of a ground? It would be a loss maker financially. Even the Wests Tigers admin has known that for decades

costs nothing to hire and you’re guaranteed 10k tigers fans showing up

Vic Mackey

Referee

I assume he’s talking about East’s brisbane

I’ve said for years I’m not completely against the club relocating out of Sydney. In hindsight the mergers were all wrong and should have been:

* Sharks and Steelers - Southern Sharks
* Magpies and Dogs - Western Bulldogs
* Tigers and North’s - relocate to Central Coast
* Dragons - relocate, merge or die