What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Era of the Biff... soon to do a Titanic. Closing in a few weeks

Quigs

Immortal
BREAKING NEWS... After 19 years (2003 to 2021) www.eraofthebiff.com will be no more.
I am drawing the shutters on the website. The time has arrived to sound the final hooter on the Era Of The Biff website. Over 1000 pages of stories, memories, statistics, and more, contributed to the making up this old website. Most were just shared by punters and fans from both sides of the world who all enjoyed the great game we all used to know and love.

The greatest era in the greatest game. It is just not the same anymore. Over the time The Biff site has undergone three rebuilds and the current platform it runs on is closing down on the 26th Sept and can’t be “simply” migrated to another server. (bloody Adobe) It has to be a total rebuild and I no longer have the enthusiasm, time nor money to take on such an endeavour.

The whole concept of the site was to share stories, memories and pics of the hardmen and the memorable game and events from the 1950’s through to the early 90’s. I hope you enjoyed the site as much as I did creating it.

A lot of the Hardmen are no longer with us and each year we see more legends passing. R.I.P Champions.

If you see anything on the site that you might like to ‘borrow’ well help yourself. This site has always been about sharing.

How's this for content ....
82 Hardmen Listed = 82 Full Profile Pages
82 Hardman Pages only containing contributed stories about them
82 Hardman Pages only containing links to external Vids and Films (YouTube)
Over 800 pages of your stories / memories submitted
Over 120 pages of your Favorite Moments from the Biff Era
32 Memorable Matches Pages
23 Yarn of the Months
15 Player Interviews
9 pages of Great Old Quotes from and about the Hardmen
5 pages of The Biff Dreamteam including Selection process

Cheers and keep safe.... Quigs.

close-biff2021.jpg

Eion

First Grade
Thanks Quigs, great stuff. End of an era, I enjoyed the ride! I too will dip into the biff one more time.

Yeah, great site and outstanding labour of love and tribute to great era of rugby league . Real tragic to see it go, Is there no way to keep it going on a new platform ?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sad.

Can I get any past sponsorship $$ back please?

You should sell it to League Unlimited.

Or copy and past the whole thing into a thread HAHAHAHA

Quigs

Immortal
Wish I could get past sponsorship back too.

Someone had to pay the ferryman... well the web hosting men.

I sponsored for a little but the manager never sent out a message to remind me of the yearly subscription. I heard he got hit by a train...

In all seriousness, that's a bloody shame. It is a unique site, very hard to find anything original on the internet anymore.
When I'm on my porch in my rocking chair I'll be looking through it on Wayback Machine..

shadowboxer

First Grade
So many great memories bound up into that site. Quigs you should be putting them into a book. Guarantee some flog like Buzz will try that one one.
Favourite story was anything to do with les Davidson - the hit on Jason stevens story still makes me laugh

Thanks for all your work with the site Quigs. The material would make for a great coffee table book. I for one would have it on my shelf next to my copy of Jack Pollard's Rugby League the Australian Way. A book is feasible in these times of self publishing and crowd funding.

Generalzod

Immortal
BREAKING NEWS... After 19 years (2003 to 2021) www.eraofthebiff.com will be no more.
I am drawing the shutters on the website. The time has arrived to sound the final hooter on the Era Of The Biff website. Over 1000 pages of stories, memories, statistics, and more, contributed to the making up this old website. Most were just shared by punters and fans from both sides of the world who all enjoyed the great game we all used to know and love.

The greatest era in the greatest game. It is just not the same anymore. Over the time The Biff site has undergone three rebuilds and the current platform it runs on is closing down on the 26th Sept and can’t be “simply” migrated to another server. (bloody Adobe) It has to be a total rebuild and I no longer have the enthusiasm, time nor money to take on such an endeavour.

The whole concept of the site was to share stories, memories and pics of the hardmen and the memorable game and events from the 1950’s through to the early 90’s. I hope you enjoyed the site as much as I did creating it.

A lot of the Hardmen are no longer with us and each year we see more legends passing. R.I.P Champions.

If you see anything on the site that you might like to ‘borrow’ well help yourself. This site has always been about sharing.

How's this for content ....
82 Hardmen Listed = 82 Full Profile Pages
82 Hardman Pages only containing contributed stories about them
82 Hardman Pages only containing links to external Vids and Films (YouTube)
Over 800 pages of your stories / memories submitted
Over 120 pages of your Favorite Moments from the Biff Era
32 Memorable Matches Pages
23 Yarn of the Months
15 Player Interviews
9 pages of Great Old Quotes from and about the Hardmen
5 pages of The Biff Dreamteam including Selection process

Cheers and keep safe.... Quigs.

close-biff2021.jpg
Why don’t you try selling it to leagueulimited and let their IT team work on it..