What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe should grow a beard

Brian Jackson

Juniors
I've been thinking about a solution to some of the guru's offensive/defensive woes over the last few years. He's swapped wings and had different centre pairings but nothing seems to have worked.
I reckon he should grow a beard and some long hair aswell.
He can then work on the bald patch !

Thoughts??

Suitman

Post Whore
Brian Jackson said:
I've been thinking about a solution to some of the guru's offensive/defensive woes over the last few years. He's swapped wings and had different centre pairings but nothing seems to have worked.
I reckon he should grow a beard and some long hair aswell.
He can then work on the bald patch !

Thoughts??

:clap:

:thumb

:music1:

Seriously, if he had a face pizza like his dad, he'd be unstoppable.

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i like your thinking Brian Jackson :-k

it's well worded and i can see you've put alot of thought into it. i agree 200% :thumb

Nikki

Coach
Hineys comment was aimed at JTB not you, unless you are one in the same, then thats sad.

Angry_eel

First Grade
he should learn to chase back and not come off the line in defence. Should also get his head deflated every couple of weeks.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Brian Jackson said:
it's called a sense of humour hiney. maybe u can work on that.
Don't worry mate, i have a sense of humour. My post wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the tiresome ramblings of JTB.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I cannot understand the hatred towards Eric? Eric hasn't been the best tackler since 99. He has other strengths the reason why he plays firsts....and if you really want to singal out players negative traits then look no further then Hindmarsh with his powderpuff hit-ups off late.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
I cannot understand the hatred towards Eric? Eric hasn't been the best tackler since 99. He has other strengths the reason why he plays firsts....and if you really want to singal out players negative traits then look no further then Hindmarsh with his powderpuff hit-ups off late.
alot of tries are being scored down his wing, there must be a reason why.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Angry_eel said:
alot of tries are being scored down his wing, there must be a reason why.

I'm not saying that Eric is the best defensive player, i've been critical of his positional play etc since 99, but geez i every player has weaknesses.

And down his side can also be attributed to his inside men of late eg Ben Smith who has been average at best in defense ( apart from Melbourne game)

Brian Jackson

Juniors
i guess he'll always be compared to his old man but i overall i do think he's a great player and offers so many positives to the team. If he could just correct some of those defensive lapses and be more selective when he decides to pop a ball in his own 20 then God help the other 15 sides!

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Yep, agree, he's an extra forward and pound for pound the strongest player in the game.

but little melbourne halfbacks can knock the ball out of big strong eric when he's going to score:(

Latest posts