What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe

had an abolsute shocker! still not as bad as finch but easily Grothes worst game with us.

He has never looked safe under the high ball...IMO should be playing in the forwards as he hits it up well

Bazal

Post Whore
He wasn't great...but on his day he doesn't drop anything and is probably the most damaging winger going around, wtf would you want to move him to the pack for?

Pazza

First Grade
atleast he was robust when running the footy, the best thing is we won tonight playing nowhere near our best :-D

V1er

Juniors
I thought he was pretty ordinary, everytime penrith kicked to him it seemed that he knocked on. proably lacking a bit of match fitness.

dazeely

First Grade
might face a week on the sideline after being put on report. Nothing bad but a little careless.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its only his second game, he needs a few to get back into it

anyone know if he has any carry over points, will he sit out next week and give Inu another run in the NRL ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He had the droppsies last night, but he still made more the 100m. Most of those we're hitups from dummy half.

MRJUCY

Juniors
I thought he actually played well but made a few too many poor errors unlike Finch who played badly & made too many errors.

Utey

Coach
He was bad, but move him to the forwards? The bloke tried maybe a little too hard. He'll be back to his best in the next couple of weeks IF he doesn't get pinged for the tackle on Wesser.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Let me get this straight.. You think he drops the ball a lot and was horrible, so we should move him in closer to get even more ball :crazy:

Grothe made alot of mistakes and we were so lucky panthers were doing the same, so they could never capitalize, he still made over 100m in dummy half runs which for a bad game is alrite. He will improve and be fine.

Stagger eel

Staff member
BlueNGoldBlood said:
Grothe made alot of mistakes and we were so lucky panthers were doing the same, so they could never capitalize, he still made over 100m in dummy half runs which for a bad game is alrite. He will improve and be fine.

with a sh*tload of catching practise...

eloquentEEL

First Grade
has everyone forgotten Jarryd's first two games this year? he was just as bad if not worse. this was Eric's 2nd game back and that's with a limited pre-season. I think it sometimes takes wingers a while to get back to their best under the highball under the pressure of match conditions. catching practice at training is one thing, but I suspect it's too risky to replicate the pressure of match conditions, ie. opposition steaming through and contesting the ball with match-like intensity.

strider

Post Whore
eric has NEVER been good under the high ball - to me he seems to have bad hand-eye coordination - cos he seems to be better at catching when he puts his hands above his head (ie aussie rules style) than catching on his chest (which in league is very much considered the safer option) - by putting his hands above his head he can see the ball the whole way into his hands

Hellsy

Immortal
Ive always said we should have some training sessions with the AFL players..... they jump, catch and hold the ball alot better than NRL players. A little cross training wouldnt hurt them

Utey

Coach
Hellsy said:
Ive always said we should have some training sessions with the AFL players..... they jump, catch and hold the ball alot better than NRL players. A little cross training wouldnt hurt them

They also encourage smothering and pretty much knocking tha ball on. Don't do that Eric! :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hellsy said:

I've read where they do this in the off season