What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EUAN AITKEN

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Aitken started off the year on fire, but his attack went to shit for the last 2 thirds of the season.
Exactly right, and his defence worsened too, making him virtually useless. But I think this can be put down to his Grandmother passing away just before our first clash with NZ.

epDragon62

First Grade
Exactly right, and his defence worsened too, making him virtually useless. But I think this can be put down to his Grandmother passing away just before our first clash with NZ.
I do not suggest that losing a close family member shouldn’t affect a player but that is not an acceptable explanation for Aitken’s poor form. Sure a few weeks but as a pro he cannot use that excuse (doubt he would anyway).

epDragon62

First Grade
No. Lomax will be left to jostle for a place on the pick n swing, or it could be riding the pine for the next few years
Whether that is true because Mary chooses it it to be is not the question here. Absent new evidence Lomax shores up the right side defence and provides more spark in attack; he deserves to hold the spot.

Unless Aitken shows marked improvement in the well documented weaknesses I cannot find a place for him in the team.

You may, as is often the case, profess your greater knowledge but you will simply be wrong.

possm

Coach
Aitken and Lafai should never have been signed long term. If their form warranted a continuous term at SGI, a two year contract with an extension if deserved should have been the right thing to do.

Next, there is no room in our 17 for an out of form player to be selected each week. The coach's responsibility is to select the best possible 17 each week that will deliver a win. All of this loyalty for long service or because of favouritism is not acceptable in what is supposed to be a highly professional competition.

Old Timer

Coach
With the number of 1st grade games now under his belt, the fact he would be on reasonable money after 3 years and the fact someone once touted him as SOO quality you either play Aitken in 1st's or you release him.
No amount of time in CC is going to repair the damage done by him being in our clearly amateurish coaching system or the inadequacies that have become manifest in his play.
Dropping players from NRL is a wake up call to pull the finger out and get back to form well Aitken has little real form to get back to and his potential was clearly over rated as the dumb things he continually does is instinct not coaching.

Latest posts