What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

European Club Seasons

Springs09

Juniors
Hey guys

I'm heading to Europe between the end of February and mid-May next year and looking to play some footy while I'm there. My plan was to head to Sweden as they used to run a 4-team comp in that time but now it seems they are down to 2 clubs.
Anyone know any other comps that run in that time? Preferably not England or France as I'm looking to experience countries where footy is just developing.

Thanks

langpark

First Grade
Brilliant idea! Countries that will definitely be in full swing at that time are:

Serbia, Ukraine, Russia, Greece, Italy (Saluzzo only, in the north-west, just outside Turin), Czech Republic, Norway, Netherlands.

Then some other places that might have matches on, but don't seem to have such a stable schedule (or not enough teams) are: Turkey, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Albania, Hungary, Sweden, Germany, Poland.

Good luck! Keep us posted! :)

Springs09

Juniors
Brilliant idea! Countries that will definitely be in full swing at that time are:

Serbia, Ukraine, Russia, Greece, Italy (Saluzzo only, in the north-west, just outside Turin), Czech Republic, Norway, Netherlands.

Then some other places that might have matches on, but don't seem to have such a stable schedule (or not enough teams) are: Turkey, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Albania, Hungary, Sweden, Germany, Poland.

Good luck! Keep us posted! :)

Thanks! Yeah I've talked to Sweden RL on facebook and they only have 2 clubs and play one-off games or 9s tournaments.

Czech Republic is my front-runner at the moment as they start in April and speak good English (so they tell me).

Last year Norway told me they start end of may and go through to November? Unless they've changed.

kdalymc

Bench
I’ll be in Europe from August to November, looking to do the same. Country hopping, but would be keen to train thurs and play sat if possible ha