What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

European Cup Final Day

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
What a shame that this tournament had no real bearing, especially compared to the Pac Cup.

Perhaps in years when the winner of the Euro or Pac cups wouldnt qualify for the 4Nations, they could go on tour or host other nations like Jamaica, USA or South Africa and just scrap the tournament all together.

Congrats Wales on becoming European Champions.

nadera78

Juniors
Strange that Italy get stuffed in their first two games and then bring in a whole host of heritage players for the play-off match. Their victory over Serbia means they're definitely in next years European Cup. The whole thing's a bit suspect.

jim_57

Staff member
Strange that Italy get stuffed in their first two games and then bring in a whole host of heritage players for the play-off match. Their victory over Serbia means they're definitely in next years European Cup. The whole thing's a bit suspect.

That's what I was thinking as well.

I wouldn't say definatley though, IMO if Russia want back in they'll have to play Italy in a qualifier.

Edit: Italy are definatley in, Russia Shield if anything.

Last edited:

JasonE

Bench
Wales 28 Scotland 16

Great result for Wales, very encouraging to see the side built on local talent.

Well done to Elliot Kear for taking the man of the match award and to Jordan James for Player of the Tournament.

Last edited:

Srbin

Juniors

Italy rugby league cheat in this competition, they used 10-12 players and from that numbers 6-7 Australian players who are not in the final list of 20 if RLEF/RLIF don't penalize them than Serbia will quit with rugby league...I have that info from Serbia.

Ari Gold

Bench
Italy rugby league cheat in this competition, they used 10-12 players and from that numbers 6-7 Australian players who are not in the final list of 20 if RLEF/RLIF don't penalize them than Serbia will quit with rugby league...I have that info from Serbia.

Injuries and unavailability caused those players to be drafted in, much like Folau was replaced in the Australian squad.

European XIII

Juniors
Injuries and unavailability caused those players to be drafted in, much like Folau was replaced in the Australian squad.

Italy are a fraud. No records of ANY Domestic games involving Nafia, Piermonte, Mastini or La Rocha-they are Ghost clubs. No Games have been played with these teams. There is nothing on the net about these teams even existing except on facebook! All they had this year domestically was a game against Southgate College which should of been a 9s Comp according to somebody I know who goes to the College. Italy have nothing and bringing over 11 Heritage players is a joke. Where are the 60 or 70 Domestic players they have allegedly? Why fly over Aussies? To Cheat!!!
Italy should be forced to prove that they have 4 teams that play reglarly in Summer or forced to stay in the European Shield.

Jankuloski

Juniors
I just don't get how the Italians get the money to finance their national team and fly over more than half of their team for the game against us when they don't even have a domestic comp.

It is an embarrassement for RLIF and it's really bad signal for developing countries - no matter how much effort you put in to develop the local talent and spread the game, it's not valued as much as Aus emigrants.

Last edited:

Srbin

Juniors
You can change player just for injury, by European Cup reguation, there is nothing about unavailabiliy...that means if Italy changed all this players it must be some medical doc...but you said that some of them were unavailable to play...that means if Italy change them than Italy provide fake medical doc for them = CHEATING!

Latest posts