What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even More Good News

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
HALFBACK Andrew Johns – considered the world's No.1 rugby league player – has been given the all clear to resume full training with the Newcastle Knights.

Knights skipper Johns – recovering from a neck injury – received the green light from Professor John Yeo today and will start full contact training with Newcastle from next week.

After examining an MRI scan taken this week, Professor Yeo said he was satisfied that Johns could resume full training.

Johns had already begun light pre-season training with the Knights almost a fortnight ago.

Johns had to withdraw from the current Kangaroos tour because of the neck injury suffered at the end of the NRL season.

A - freakin- men!!!!!!
This will be his best year yet.!
Cant you feel it?
I think he really wants to win a premiership before he goes to England!
probably in 2 years time
Stick around and enjoy the show!

110 days until..."We be nice to them if theys be nice to us!"-Gollum

princess plj

Juniors
Aussie_Knight said:
HALFBACK Andrew Johns – considered the world's No.1 rugby league player – has been given the all clear to resume full training with the Newcastle Knights.

thats like the best news i have heard today!!!! or since i heard that joey could resume light training!!!! oh wow!! THIS IS THE YEAR, 2004!!!

les norton

First Grade
I was in the car at a cricket match when the news came over the radio....I swear my heart stopped for a second when i heard his name, the eternal pessimist that i am...i was thinking this cant be good...

But it's great news, nothing holding us back!! bring on 2004!! :D :D

~bedsy~

First Grade
That's good news for Newcastle.
Hopefully it will be a good yr for our boys... last yr wasn't so crash hot.. buts lets hope we can do another 01.

fosie

Juniors
Let's just hope we have a good year, injuries are limited and little, then it'd be a great year :D

socksie

Juniors
2004 is building up to be the year for the knights

concentrating on the halves is very important and building up continuity between each week
its also good to see we don't have as many off-season injuries as last year and joey is resuming full contact training

Leasha

Juniors
fosie said:
Let's just hope we have a good year, injuries are limited and little, then it'd be a great year :D

I think you've hit the nail on the head Fosie... as much as I would like for the Knights to come home with the premiership again this year, I pray more for a season which is relatively injury free. We know the guys have talent, its always the injuries which bring us down. So lets hope the guys stay happy and healthy!!! :D :D

foetus_head

Juniors
I hope that we are injury free too, but a premiership would be really nice as it might convince those who are off-contract next year to re-sign up, like Joey Johns!

Risa

Bench
It's a good sign though, because Joey hasn't had a proper off-season in ages. To get him in training now for next year is scary. How fit will he be? I wonder how many trials they will let him play in..hmm.

I am excited that all our forwards are going to be fit as for the start of the season.. How good will simmo be to the team?? He has looked very solid on the kangaroo tour and is going to benefit the knights so much. Joey was saying how good a defender simmo is, and because of a groin injury he couldnt drive in tackles and his defence was hampered.. But he looks the goods coming off this tour.. An early prediction, Steve simpson to have his best season for us (crosses fingers he dosnt get injured). Abes will only benefit from a tough off season, and hopefully BK stays fit to be the inspirational leader he is.. I am starting to feel good about next year :)

the_knights_rule

First Grade
Chicken_Hunter said:
I am starting to feel good about next year :)
oh boy me too!
on the news when they said and news on andrew johns... i stopped talking and i thought it was bad news! thank god it wasnt
i think 2004 will be a very big year for us, hopefully we go all the way!

Kaz

junior
Risa said:
It's a good sign though, because Joey hasn't had a proper off-season in ages. To get him in training now for next year is scary. How fit will he be?

He has had a proper off season for the past 2 years. ;-)

BTW: Did you see him on the TV this morning.

He must have lost the shampoo or something as it looked like his hair hasn't been washed in MONTHS. :?

Risa

Bench
Kaz said:

He must have lost the shampoo or something as it looked like his hair hasn't been washed in MONTHS. :?

LOL yeah we were at Emma's and I'm like okay, did a bird just lay on Joey's hair or something? He's the worst at grooming himself. You'd think seeing as how he was in Sydney that perhaps his girlfriend could groom him. Ever since him and his hairdresser wife broke up his hair has been shocking.

Leasha

Juniors
Kaz said:
Risa said:
It's a good sign though, because Joey hasn't had a proper off-season in ages. To get him in training now for next year is scary. How fit will he be?

He has had a proper off season for the past 2 years. ;-)

I KNOW!!! He does an ad for some swimming pool company, and in the ad he looks terrible... he needs to fix that hair urgently!
My sister's theory on his new look is that people look at the ad, notice how bad he looks, and remembers the company because of the dodgy-looking famous person on the ad. Hmmm :-k ...

aqua_duck

Coach
Great news, I think the coaching staff have done a marvellous job over the off season getting rid o9f the dead wood, eg Justin Ryder, Sean Rudder, etc and brining in some new players like Steve Witt and David Seage, I'm also hoping that Russell Richardson can rediscover some of his old form that made him a test player, he's got the talent and hopefully we can give him the desire, and living in a town which lives and breathes rugby league can only help. I hope the guys like Tahu, Simpson, Kennedy and alike can remain relatively injury free because they were on the sideline more often than not this year. Also very excited about some of you younger blokes like Ennis, Kurt Gidley and Abraham, Kurt should have benefitted from taking over Joey's role late on and some of those MOTM performances he produced after Joey got injured really excites me as we could have a permanant 5/8th.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
aqua_duck said:
Great news, I think the coaching staff have done a marvellous job over the off season getting rid o9f the dead wood, eg Justin Ryder, Sean Rudder, etc and brining in some new players like Steve Witt and David Seage, I'm also hoping that Russell Richardson can rediscover some of his old form that made him a test player, he's got the talent and hopefully we can give him the desire, and living in a town which lives and breathes rugby league can only help. I hope the guys like Tahu, Simpson, Kennedy and alike can remain relatively injury free because they were on the sideline more often than not this year. Also very excited about some of you younger blokes like Ennis, Kurt Gidley and Abraham, Kurt should have benefitted from taking over Joey's role late on and some of those MOTM performances he produced after Joey got injured really excites me as we could have a permanant 5/8th.

I couldn't agree more!

Latest posts